News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Chinese cars to hit US market in 07

Started by BB1, January 28, 2006, 08:45:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BB1

Look out, here they come, from the guy that brought you the Yugo.  :rotz:

Related article 2005 v

http://www.detnews.com/2005/autosinsider/0501/02/A01-47455.htm

As if the US auto industry had enough problems.

I can't wait intill the fart cans to show up on them.  :icon_smile_dead:
Delete my profile

hemihead

Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

NHCharger

THat was an interesting article. I don't see how people in the U.S. will accept those cars. However I do remember in the mid 70's  my brother buying a Datsun B-210 and me laughing at him. He was the last one laughing when I sold my Chevelle because I couldn't afford the gas, repair costs and waiting in gas lines 4 days a week.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

RECHRGD

They will sell.  I'm suprised Wal-Mart isn't already importing them.  Goodby BIG THREE.  Our damn politicians our selling us out again.  There should be one American car imported to China for every Chinese car exported to the U.S. IMO.  Bob  :flame: :flame:
13.53 @ 105.32

NHCharger

Quote from: RECHRGD on January 28, 2006, 10:00:12 AM
There should be one American car imported to China for every Chinese car exported to the U.S. IMO.  Bob  :flame: :flame:

how many chinese could accord an American made car? What do GM or Ford employees make per hour versus the chinese auto workers? Maybe our government should slap a tarriff of 5k per car on them.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

andy74

Quote from: NHCharger on January 28, 2006, 10:05:35 AM
There should be one American car imported to China for every Chinese car exported to the U.S. IMO.  Bob  :flame: :flame:

how many chinese could accord an American made car? What do GM or Ford employees make per hour versus the chinese auto workers? Maybe our government should slap a tarriff of 5k per car on them.
im all for that,what have the chinese done for us?regan pu tariffs on imports when he was prez,and it worked then-support the us

hemihead

Why do you think the import car makers are building their cars here?Not to give Americans jobs I assure you.It is so they don't have to pay to import them here.All you have to do is stop buying them.And you thought is was great for America LMAO!  :-\
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

BrianShaughnessy

The only good thing to having cheap crap chinese cars coming in would be that it might kill a few japanese or korean  car companies. 
Personally I wouldn't let them in... big tariff or failed for safety or environmentals, whatever...    I'm sure somebody that doesn't actually produce anything for a living will say that cheap imports that kill US businesses and jobs are a good thing.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

BB1

There already stole designs from GM, got to love the commies.

http://www.detnews.com/2005/autosinsider/0501/02/A08-47232.htm

Broom broom  :puke:

Delete my profile

chargervert

Damn! Thats gonna put a dent in the sales of the new Challenger! :icon_smile_big:

Darkness

I bet you a lot of those young females will buy that car because it is "cute."  :smilielol:

Johnny SixPack

Anybody have a problem with the highlighted portion of this telling bit from the second article?

"Chery exported around 10,000 vehicles last year -- more than any other Chinese carmaker -- to a dozen countries, including Cuba, Egypt and Bangladesh. It also has plans to assemble cars in Iran and Malaysia."

We know for a fact the Iranians are global terrorism supporters, and Malaysia is fast become a Islamic terrorist hot bed in its own right.

I can't believe our government would be so short sighted as to allow a company to build its products in these locations (with designs possibly stolen from American companies) and then sell them here.
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Silver R/T

Quote from: hemihead on January 28, 2006, 10:14:01 AM
Why do you think the import car makers are building their cars here?Not to give Americans jobs I assure you.It is so they don't have to pay to import them here.All you have to do is stop buying them.And you thought is was great for America LMAO! :-\

stop buying them? and buy what.. US poor quality crap like neon/cavalier etc etc. No offense but import cars are built much better than most US made cars. And im not talking about just Japanese, theres Italian cars, German cars that are built much better than cars over here.
As far as economy yes I agree its bad for US to buy all these import cars, losing jobs to foreign countries. But what you can do when average american wants toyota over chevy.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Silver R/T

Quote from: cudahob3 on January 28, 2006, 08:45:23 AM
Look out, here they come, from the guy that brought you the Yugo.  :rotz:

Related article 2005 v

http://www.detnews.com/2005/autosinsider/0501/02/A01-47455.htm

As if the US auto industry had enough problems.

I can't wait intill the fart cans to show up on them.  :icon_smile_dead:

as far as I know yugo was yugoslavian car, someone correct me if Im wrong

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

miller

Quote from: Silver R/T on January 28, 2006, 01:31:07 PM
Quote from: hemihead on January 28, 2006, 10:14:01 AM
Why do you think the import car makers are building their cars here?Not to give Americans jobs I assure you.It is so they don't have to pay to import them here.All you have to do is stop buying them.And you thought is was great for America LMAO! :-\

stop buying them? and buy what.. US poor quality crap like neon/cavalier etc etc. No offense but import cars are built much better than most US made cars. And im not talking about just Japanese, theres Italian cars, German cars that are built much better than cars over here.
As far as economy yes I agree its bad for US to buy all these import cars, losing jobs to foreign countries. But what you can do when average american wants toyota over chevy.

woah woah woah here, dont be bashin the neon, its my first car and i love it dearly. Its cheap, great fuel economy, decent power for a little car, and is fun in the turns... besides what other car smiles at you while you walk towards it to go to school in the morning! ;D

2005 Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster Custom - Maggie
2012 370Z NISMO - Courtney
1979 Corvette L-82 - Lilly
1969 Dodge Charger R/T Clone - Vanessa

Silver R/T

neons suck period! especially older ones pre 99 I believe. 99% of them would get warped head at like 30k miles. Guy that I know has one and hes into neons but he already had to change clutch only at 40K miles and fixes other problems regularly. Also they drop value as fast as Jessica Simpson drops her bra for photoshoot

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Brock Samson

Well being as China is the emerging "Giant", and it's plants and designs are (going to be) the most modern in the world...
  it was/is really just a matter of time...    ...Just like when the U.S. ecomony took off and swept around the globe, now that the world ecomomy has emerged China is set to sweep up "market Share" much like the Japanese did in the late '60s and into the '70s,
 China is what? 20-50 times larger then Japan?..
There's this theroy i suscribe to called  "The Law of Diffusion"...
 Ain't no sense worrying about it, I suggest you guys learn to speak some chinese, and I'm not kidding.

I've been keeping up with the chinese auto industry thru Vinces' Car Pages...
Which I've linked here many times...
 Strat

(BTW: What's hi-jacking a thread mean?..)

andy74

Todd Wilson

Quote from: Silver R/T on January 28, 2006, 02:04:30 PM
neons suck period! especially older ones pre 99 I believe. 99% of them would get warped head at like 30k miles. Guy that I know has one and hes into neons but he already had to change clutch only at 40K miles and fixes other problems regularly. Also they drop value as fast as Jessica Simpson drops her bra for photoshoot

Once again you have opened your stupid ass'd mouth over something you know little to nothing about. But since you know everything  why dont you educate your buddy on how to drive a manual transmission so his clutch wont go out at 40k miles giving the Neon a bad name.

Todd

Charger_Fan

Quote from: NHCharger on January 28, 2006, 10:05:35 AM

How many Chinese can afford to buy a Chinese car? The poor bastards can barely afford a moped, half the time. :rotz:

Quote from: Silver R/T on January 28, 2006, 01:31:07 PM
As far as economy yes I agree its bad for US to buy all these import cars, losing jobs to foreign countries.
:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:
But you have absolutely no problem buying an import car, do you? :crazy:

I don't give a low-flying rat's ass if foreign cars are made better. I was born in America, choose to STAY living in America & choose to support our AMERICAN economy any way I can.
IMO, China makes too much of our money as it is, with all the other BS we keep importing...the last thing we need is their crappy cars too.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

chargervert

I have never,nor will ever own a car thats not American! I have had Dodge trucks that work for a living,that have had over 200,000 miles on them! No Chineese company is getting a dime of my money! Back in the seventies,and eighties,American cars had quality issues,I don't see that so much anymore!

andy74

Quote from: chargervert on January 28, 2006, 03:03:06 PM
I have never,nor will ever own a car thats not American! I have had Dodge trucks that work for a living,that have had over 200,000 miles on them! No Chineese company is getting a dime of my money! Back in the seventies,and eighties,American cars had quality issues,I don't see that so much anymore!
actually all the surveys and such show that american cars are better built than the imports,its the public perception from the late 70s early 80s that sticks in most peoples minds

BrianShaughnessy

Recent article relative to the quality issue.   http://www.cnn.com/2006/AUTOS/01/23/american_cars/index.html

I'm fairly positive that there will be somebody I know probably buy one of these former and future razorblades just because it's cheap and they feel it's their right to.    I knew people that bought yugo's too for that matter.   If I pass them by I'll beep the horn while they're waiting for the tow truck.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Darkness

Silver, I hate to brake it to you but, the Cavalier is a joint partner by Chevrolet and Toyota. Don't believe me? I was stationed in Japan for two years and they had the 95-04 bodystyle Cavaliers. Want to know something? They were called a Toyota Cavalier. Yes you read right and they had the 2.4 Toyota Engine which from what I recall is still used by Toyota and they have Oldsmobile wheels. So, the next time you call the Cavalier "crap" think again. They're not completely Chevrolet based anymore.

In addition to your post Silver, last time checked a lot of newer Chrysler stuff isn't Chrysler stuff. Ever go look at a 300C or Dodge Magnum? A lot of the parts come from the German Sister's MB's cars. Look at that gas pedal. Completely Mercedes. The MDS on those cars; again Mercedes had ownership; and then the ESP for them; yes MB again.

Now, since American stuff is "crap" ever look at a Nissan Titan? Did you know the frame on those trucks is built by the same company who builds the F150 frames. Would make sense to me since Ford and Nissan still might kind of have a partnership and they shared a minivan platform back in the late 90s.

The point I'm trying to drive is that not all American stuff is American stuff completely. Today it's more a melting pot where everything is mixed in. This in turn improves quality of what you see in "most" automobiles. Now, it is still possible to get a bad one out of the group but, not all American stuff is crap.

As for the Chinese cars I have another interesting thing to show you. Here's a Chinese SUV that they're trying to get over but, its not too safe:  http://www.madville.com/link.php?id=115902&t=23

http://paultan.org/archives/2005/10/08/jiangling-landwind-x6-crash-test-by-tuv/

With that said I won't add anymore. Believe what you want but, I know where I stand. I used to own a 2004 Nissan Titan. After having it I traded it in for a 2004 Dodge Ram. So far so good knock on wood. Take it easy and have a good one.

Highbanked Hauler

Like the song says,  Its the final countdown :flame: so other than not buy the crap cans what can we do?
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser