News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tony's Daytona discussion

Started by TONY, June 29, 2012, 11:15:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pettybird

resq302

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on March 19, 2013, 02:16:54 PM
Quote from: resq302 on March 19, 2013, 01:16:16 PM
yes, but will you say that it never had any rust and other questionable stuff? :lol:

Nope. Im proud of my work. It was a total rust bucket when I got it. lots of non oe parts were used too!

:eek: :pullinghair: :faint: :leaving:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: resq302 on March 19, 2013, 02:20:12 PM
Quote from: 1HotDaytona on March 19, 2013, 02:16:54 PM
Quote from: resq302 on March 19, 2013, 01:16:16 PM
yes, but will you say that it never had any rust and other questionable stuff? :lol:

Nope. Im proud of my work. It was a total rust bucket when I got it. lots of non oe parts were used too!

:eek: :pullinghair: :faint: :leaving:

Funny thing is that I got stuff from Dave(ECS) Tony and Mike Mancini to build the car.

ECS Carpet is the best availible. and Mike and /or his crew did a great job on the gauges and radio.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

ECS

Quote from: 70Sbird on March 19, 2013, 12:18:52 PM
I'm still just trying to figure out who is pissing on who here for the last few months here and why, it seems like some people have too much time on their hands!

No one is "pissing" on anyone here!  I just figured that some people needed to experience first hand what they themselves have done to other people for many YEARS.  The only difference is that they lied about the people they targeted while their saga is being exposed with the truth. 

You might be right about your "time" observation.  I am currently sitting on a balcony over looking the Gulf of Mexico and don't know if I should take a walk on the Beach now or after the Sun sets.  :shruggy: 
TIME WILL INEVITABLY UNCOVER DISHONESTY AND LIES!

Aero426

Quote from: ECS on March 19, 2013, 05:57:40 PM

You might be right about your "time" observation.  I am currently sitting on a balcony over looking the Gulf of Mexico and don't know if I should take a walk on the Beach now or after the Sun sets.  :shruggy:  

Perfect!   I think it would be an excellent night for a bonfire.    :smilielol:

resq302

boy is that an old pic!  Talk about bringing something up from the dead!   :lol:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

cdr

Quote from: Aero426 on March 19, 2013, 06:20:52 PM
Quote from: ECS on March 19, 2013, 05:57:40 PM

You might be right about your "time" observation.  I am currently sitting on a balcony over looking the Gulf of Mexico and don't know if I should take a walk on the Beach now or after the Sun sets.  :shruggy:  

Perfect!   I think it would be an excellent night for a bonfire.    :smilielol:

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: oopps i crapped on my self
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

ECS

Quote from: resq302 on March 19, 2013, 07:02:09 PM
boy is that an old pic!  Talk about bringing something up from the dead!   :lol:

Heck Brian.....all this over silly ol' Build Sheets.  Rather than burn them, I might just give them away to anyone for the asking.  How about a round of Build Sheets for everyone!  :smilielol:

Mytur Binsdirti

With those three rolls, there really is enough to everybody's car & still have plenty left over. How many are you anticipating on doing?  :shruggy:

ECS

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on March 19, 2013, 07:27:18 PM
With those three rolls, there really is enough to everybody's car & still have plenty left over. How many are you anticipating on doing?  :shruggy:

Lets ask Mike?!  It appears that he is now the "Governor" of these items.   :lol: 

bill440rt

I could use one for my '69. What are the codes for a 440 6-pack with A/C and a Keisler/GM trans??   :scratchchin:   :rofl:   :D
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

moparstuart

Quote from: bill440rt on March 19, 2013, 07:54:42 PM
I could use one for my '69. What are the codes for a 440 6-pack with A/C and a Keisler/GM trans??   :scratchchin:   :rofl:   :D
yeah how is a superbird convertible  coded  :icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Aero426

Quote from: resq302 on March 19, 2013, 07:02:09 PM
boy is that an old pic!  Talk about bringing something up from the dead!   :lol:

Yes, it is a few years old.   But since it was tee'd up for me... :rofl:  

Just for the sake of discussion, I did heard Dave say (it was just the other day, I swear to God, people) that he doesn't make build sheets for people any more, and it is all "old news".    But I did not hear him specifically say that he will never make build sheets again.  "Never" can be a hard word to say.    How about a You Tube video of the ECS blank build sheet burn party?    Or perhaps his inventory of blanks can be donated to help the less fortunate with their toiletry needs.

ECS

Quote from: Aero426 on March 19, 2013, 08:33:23 PM
r the sake of discussion, I did heard Dave say (it was just the other day, I swear to God, people) that he doesn't make build sheets for people any more, and it is all "old news".    But I did not hear him specifically say that he will never make build sheets again.  "Never" can be a hard word to say.

I stand by everything I say to the nth degree.  One thing I have learned from the posts of many people on this forum is that you can parse words or find ways around the actual meaning of what's "really" intended.  As a matter of fact, some here bought into and even supported the devious play on words when you knew EXACTLY what was taking place.  That being said, I have quite a few really good employees who have mastered the manufacturing of our products.  They could take over the process and I would vow to "NEVER" make another one again.  What do you think?  Who is going to come out and support my manipulation of words?  :shruggy:  :2thumbs:   :lol:

Aero426

Quote from: ECS on March 19, 2013, 08:58:21 PM
Quote from: Aero426 on March 19, 2013, 08:33:23 PM
r the sake of discussion, I did heard Dave say (it was just the other day, I swear to God, people) that he doesn't make build sheets for people any more, and it is all "old news".    But I did not hear him specifically say that he will never make build sheets again.  "Never" can be a hard word to say.

I stand by everything I say to the nth degree.  One thing I have learned from the posts of many people on this forum is that you can parse words or find ways around the actual meaning of what's "really" intended.  As a matter of fact, some here bought into and even supported the devious play on words when you knew EXACTLY what was taking place.  That being said, I have quite a few really good employees who have mastered the manufacturing of our products.  They could take over the process and I would vow to "NEVER" make another one again.  What do you think?  Who is going to come out and support my manipulation of words?  :shruggy:  :2thumbs:   :lol:

This is a serious question.    When you say you "stand by everything", does that mean that you and your employees are not going to produce build sheets in the future under any circumstance?   

ECS

Quote from: Aero426 on March 19, 2013, 09:14:46 PM
This is a serious question.    When you say you "stand by everything", does that mean that you and your employees are not going to produce build sheets in the future under any circumstance? 

I can't un-ring the bell.  They have already been produced.  You even posted a picture of them.  Is this a trick question?  :scratchchin:

Aero426

Quote from: ECS on March 19, 2013, 09:44:57 PM

I can't un-ring the bell.  They have already been produced.  You even posted a picture of them.  Is this a trick question?  :scratchchin:

Not a trick question.   I think what you are saying is that since the blanks have been produced, you can't put the toothpaste back in the tube.  Correct?

ECS

Quote from: Aero426 on March 19, 2013, 09:53:35 PM
Quote from: ECS on March 19, 2013, 09:44:57 PM

Not a trick question.   I think what you are saying is that since the blanks have been produced, you can't put the toothpaste back in the tube.  Correct?

Correct!  I'm not even sure which room they are being stored at in our new Facility.  I wouldn't guarantee that if a Friend wanted one, I wouldn't give one to them.  These were never a product offered to the public.  Of the few that received them, I either GAVE them away or just covered the cost of my Employees who helped in making them!  I have said before that the "classic" part of my business it is probably the least contributing concerning dollars & cents.  My wife even asked me to close that part of the business to re-direct our attention to the other lines that have recently taken off.  We invested a small fortune in Chrysler exhaust components so I was a bit shocked that she even suggested that.  Personally, the Classic Industry is my PASSION and I am fully committed to provide the best products, at the best price and with the best service.  I strive for absolute perfection & authenticity with everything we do!  If it isn't correct, it doesn't leave our building.  I don't ever see ECS not manufacturing products for the old car markets. 

To the contrary, I am moving full steam ahead with Factory correct Trunk Mats, expanding the applications for every decal we offer and Exhaust Systems for the GM Industry.  As I have said before, I am just a regular guy that has been fortunate enough to serve the people of this Hobby.  You may not like the way I respond sometimes but I guarantee I will NEVER lie to or mislead you and will ALWAYS do the best I can to promote the Hobby....not hurt it.  I serve the people in this Industry, not the other way around.

resq302

Dave,

At least with your stuff, we know we buy it once and its correct.   :2thumbs:  I've had to basicly pay twice and learn the hard way that not all repro stuff is correct fitting or appearing.  Thank you for being one of the people who take the time to make sure the thing is right the first time!

Brian
Brian

ECS

Quote from: resq302 on March 20, 2013, 06:32:48 AM
Dave,
At least with your stuff, we know we buy it once and its correct.  

That's what our "talentless" group of people have to offer when you receive items from at ECS.  :lol:  You had also mentioned our 4 door project in an earlier post.  Below are some photos that show the flat metal components (shaped on an English Wheel) to form new C Pillars, that transitioned the roof section to the reshaped Quarters.  They had to be fabricated from scratch because there never were "original" C Pillars manufactured for what we are doing.  Also shown are the converted quarter panels that were cut and shaped for the 4 Door Cuda Project.  We may have no talent but we do try to be progressive with our efforts.

moparstuart

hey i'm as progressive as the next guy , but  a 4dr Cuda   :rotz: :rotz: :rotz: :puke: :puke: :puke:

not feeling it ,thats the answer to a question that no one should have asked .   :Twocents: 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Mytur Binsdirti

You mean you actually do more than stickers?

xs29j8Bullitt

Dave - An off-topic question about your upcoming line of repro exhaust components... what is the the current estimated date of availability of the B-Body components?  In the post on Moparts a year ago, Tom indicated they were expected fairly soon:

QuoteSeriously, the dates we will initially be offering are 2049 - July 1969 manufacturing date and 1960 - July 1970 manufacturing date. Those will cover all 1970 and 1971 model years. The resonators will be available from ECS in the next week or two. The complete sets and related components should be ready sometime in June or early July. The B Body models are next on the list and hopefully be ready by Summer's end or Fall. Since we own the machinery for manufacturing the pipes, we can probably have just about any style of Head Pipe or H-Pipe correctly reproduced. We also will have either aluminized or natural metal pipes available for the exhaust systems.

My loooong restoration project for my 1969 Charger 500 is nearing completion, and I would like to use ECS exhaust components on it...

Allen
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

ECS

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on March 20, 2013, 11:10:04 AM
You mean you actually do more than stickers?

Maybe just a few things! :rofl:  Here are some of the new "stickers" we had made along with other "stickers" that we manufacture for some of the larger distributors that many of you purchase your parts from.  The shipping for these "stickers" vary due to size and weight but we do not add an up-charge to our shipping cost.  The B Body Exhausts Mufflers are ready and we have already sold out of our first run!  We will have another 5 pallets delivered within the next two weeks so we won't run out of them so quickly.  We are calling people back (in the "first come; first serve" order they called) to let them know when we will have them. 

maxwellwedge

I have a few E-Body resonators and have seen the B-Body mufflers.....Nice work DW  :2thumbs: