News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RIDELIKEHELL

Replaced the vapor seperator with a fuel filter, adjusted my wizard fan shroud as it loosend off and the fan was just starting to hit it  :slap: Then I have been driving it as much as possible & I have over 700 miles on it now and is running better and better  :2thumbs:
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

Darkman

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on July 25, 2013, 10:44:39 PM
Quote from: Fred on July 25, 2013, 10:28:14 PM
Quote from: Darkman on July 25, 2013, 05:57:34 PM
Walked into the garage looked at it, sighed, then walked out

Well that won't get you to the finish line!  
Sounds like he just needs a little motivation, and maybe a little spare change as well.  Hard to get when the weather is crappy :brickwall:

More like time and room in the workshop....trying to finish of the benches and shelving so I can store the parts and open up floor space  :brickwall:
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

ChargerD100

Quote from: Dino on July 26, 2013, 07:37:01 AM
Quote from: ChargerD100 on July 26, 2013, 07:28:35 AM
Yeah messed up aint it? I know i should be beat down and stripped of the car, but when yer broke yer broke but even though its my dream car i have my days i wish i woulda never bought it, or at least not as big of project

There are many people in the hobby who end up in that boat, we've all been there.  You have your dream car but it's not going anywhere but hindsight is always 20/20.  Don't dwell on the could haves and the should haves.  The past is the past, you have the car now so focus on the present. 

I'm sure you thought about selling the car and that's always an option as you can get a better one later when the time is right.  Still, you likely won't be making that decision today so I say protect it as best you can so time no longer matters.  You'll lose the car if it sits like this.  Rust does not progress in a linear fashion.  Once it starts to pit it'll go fast.  The vaseling trick works and it's cheap.  Just pretend your waxing the car with that stuff and be generous.

Make it your weekend project, take lots of pics, make lists of what needs to be done to it.  You can now make a for sale ad whith all the info needed or have the list for yourself for future reference.  Maybe you can get your money back or at least most of it.  If you know you won't be able to store the car properly then its future is bbleak and you may want to consider cutting your losses.

The major fear most prospective owners have is that the world is running out of Chargers.  That's simply not true, there are plenty and many are in the hands of the boomer generation.  The ones that will be selling them in droves before long.

Yeah selling is just a when im depressed option, always bring it up when its bugging me, i have a list of everything that needs done which is mainly just some body work (id honestly wouldnt mind finishing patchin some holes and slapping sealer primer on it and calling it good for now to be safe )and gettin a 68 coronet grille to stay on the cheap side of restoring, my dream is all new metal but since thats not realistic at this time ill have to find someone i trust to keep it garaged which really isnt many people
Current Mopars: 2014 Ram 2500 Cummins, 1970 Dodge D100

My old Build Thread: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,82511.0.html

chargerboy69

Quote from: Dino on July 25, 2013, 09:28:01 AM
Quote from: chargerboy69 on July 25, 2013, 09:22:24 AM
Last weekend we installed a 12" drilled and slotted disc brake kit and rebuilt the front end.

She stops on a dime now, still not used to them.

What system did you end up getting?  I assume the 12" rotors and calipers still fit 15" wheels?

Dirk,

I ended up going with the kit from Cass Eslick ( Dr. Diff).  I went with the 12" rotors as I have a set of 15" wheels I may swap to every once in a while.  Plus, I am also considering getting another set of 15" wheels to change things up. He does have a 13" too.  The kit had rotors, calipers, power booster, master cylinder, lines, spindles, bearings everything I needed for $1190.00 shipped to my door. Went together great and works absolutely perfect. I highly recommend this kit to anyone.  Plus, the guy is such a nice guy to deal with, always had a answer within minutes.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Bob T

Took the BBD to work for "casual car Friday" only about 12 miles each way, turns out there are a few Gearheads on the boat. The Canadian Submarine Captain has a black 70 Gran Torino back home that makes 540 at the bags. Nice one
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

JB400

Quote from: Darkman on July 26, 2013, 06:09:31 PM
Quote from: stroker400 wedge on July 25, 2013, 10:44:39 PM
Quote from: Fred on July 25, 2013, 10:28:14 PM
Quote from: Darkman on July 25, 2013, 05:57:34 PM
Walked into the garage looked at it, sighed, then walked out

Well that won't get you to the finish line! 
Sounds like he just needs a little motivation, and maybe a little spare change as well.  Hard to get when the weather is crappy :brickwall:

More like time and room in the workshop....trying to finish of the benches and shelving so I can store the parts and open up floor space  :brickwall:
Set up a play date and don't back out of it.  As funny as it sounds, you have to set up play dates with the ladies, so it should work as well for your car.

Baldwinvette77

went to the garage, stared at it, removed the rear rollers, slapped on the rear leafs, test fit the axle housing then took a nap on the floor next to it, and im not even kidding... garage floors are pretty comfy DONT JUDGE ME!

jaak

Just finished up the floor pans on my 68 a couple of days ago. I used the 3/4 length halves, and made and installed patches in the rear footwells. Started on the trunk floor today.

Jason

Before...

After...

I've done nothing.......

But hopefully when I get my dash back (after a year of it being apart) It'll give me the drive I need to finish the car.

DixieRestoParts

Drove the car today and put some miles on it with the new Comp Cam in it. Seems to be very close to the old Mr. Sixpack cam that came out of it from a seat of the pants feel. Need to tune on the carb a bit. Maybe next weekend, I can do that.
Dixie Restoration Parts
Ball Ground, Georgia
Phone: (770) 975-9898
Phone Hours: M-F 10am-6pm EST
mail@dixierestorationparts.com
Veteran owned small business

The Best Parts at a Fair Price

Daytona R/T SE

It came home from paint today. :coolgleamA:

jaak

Dino

Quote from: chargerboy69 on July 27, 2013, 02:57:18 PM
Last weekend we installed a 12" drilled and slotted disc brake kit and rebuilt the front end.

What system did you end up getting?  I assume the 12" rotors and calipers still fit 15" wheels?

Dirk,

I ended up going with the kit from Cass Eslick ( Dr. Diff).  I went with the 12" rotors as I have a set of 15" wheels I may swap to every once in a while.  Plus, I am also considering getting another set of 15" wheels to change things up. He does have a 13" too.  The kit had rotors, calipers, power booster, master cylinder, lines, spindles, bearings everything I needed for $1190.00 shipped to my door. Went together great and works absolutely perfect. I highly recommend this kit to anyone.  Plus, the guy is such a nice guy to deal with, always had a answer within minutes.

Very very nice!  I'd say that's a pretty nice deal.  Any problems running a 1"+ sway bar up front with this kit? 

I drove the Charger all week and most of the weekend.  I just returned from a long cruise and she was purring like a kitten all the way...until the lion needed to roar of course.   :coolgleamA:

I think I'm ready now to stop the cruising and give her some well deserved upgrades.   :yesnod:

OH!  I finally fixed that darn heater valve.  Now I can have heater and A/C back!   :2thumbs:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

chargerboy69

Quote from: Dino on July 28, 2013, 01:10:29 PM
Quote from: chargerboy69 on July 27, 2013, 02:57:18 PM

Dirk,

Very very nice!  I'd say that's a pretty nice deal.  Any problems running a 1"+ sway bar up front with this kit

I drove the Charger all week and most of the weekend.  I just returned from a long cruise and she was purring like a kitten all the way...until the lion needed to roar of course.   :coolgleamA:

I think I'm ready now to stop the cruising and give her some well deserved upgrades.   :yesnod:

OH!  I finally fixed that darn heater valve.  Now I can have heater and A/C back!   :2thumbs:

Nope. . .none. Calipers go to the back.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

GordonGriggs

TPR

Removed the racing harnesses from the front seats and replaced them with standard Aussie seat belts.
Harnesses came with the car when I bought it, but I found it was too restrictive. Don't need to feel like I'm in a NASCAR race every time I take it for a cruise.
TPR
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

68RT4ME

'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

Musicman

I removed the floor pan on the passenger side :D

mauve66

:o :o  didn't know you were taking her apart???
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Musicman

Oh yeah... it's pretty much stripped right down to the shell at the moment. It had a few areas that required minor attention. This particular floor pan only had minor damage, but it was a spot here and a spot there... just as easy to replace the entire piece in one go. The drivers side is cake; I'll just be replacing a very small piece there in the area of the go pedal, the rest of the pan is still like new. I still have to hit the rear rockers and back by the rear bumper attachments, but that will be about it for repairs... the rest will be stiffening mods etc.

mauve66

amazing how many pieces we have in a 1st gen isn't there?? :eek2:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Musicman

Quote from: mauve66 on August 07, 2013, 06:02:21 PM
amazing how many pieces we have in a 1st gen isn't there?? :eek2:

You can say that 5 or 4 times! :lol:

Musicman

Shot of the new pan that will be going in here.
I got the two pans (L&R) really cheap... it was one of those Black Friday deals last fall.

greenpigs

Updating my power drums to manual disk brakes.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

MrSnicks

Bought a 12 ton hydraulic shop press from Northern Tool.  Pressed out my old UCA bushings, sandblasted the UCAs, painted the UCAs, pressed in new bushings.  Pressed out the pivot shaft in the LCAs. Removed and painted the strut rods.

All front suspension is now removed. Time to clean, paint & reinstall.

Patrick