News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Warlock

Got a set of SS braided spark plug wires last weekend.  Put those on (except hooking up 3rd cyl  on passenger side, figure it will be easier from underneath, and I'll wait for the weather to warm a little before crawling under) Liked the bling look to the engine bay, need more wire looms to tidy things up, have a few to use now but not crazy about it yet.  I had some Spectre SS braided sleeves that I put on the upper radiator hose, and one Heater/AC coolant line, then ordered more braided hoses online, they started arriving today, two 4ft braided hoses for the Heat/AC, plan on replacing the sleeved hose with a real SS hose as it looks neater.  Got a 3 foot of gas line piece intended for the vacuum line from manifold to coffee can, but the diameter is too large, so plan on scavenging it and cutting it down to fit the Vacuum line from Manifold to power brake air tank instead.  I'm supposed to get 25 feet of SS vacuum line tomorrow that I plan to replace the vacuum lines from firewall to headlights, and maybe inside the grill from one side to another, all the lines need to be replaced, so updating them all.  I'll use part of it to run vacuum to coffee can as well.  Hopefully I'll have better luck tomorrow.  While getting the heater line off managed to gash the finger, had to stop installing to stop the bleeding, was getting messy and blood shows up on Y3 cream. 

Too chilly outside to open the garage door and take a picture of the results today.  Coldest day of the season so far, can wait till I finish the other hoses first. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

UH60L

Pushed my '69, with my wife steering, a 1/4 mile from our house we gave up during bankruptcy   :'(  to the house we are now renting around the corner  :yesnod:

Our new rental house is 300 square feet smaller, but the garage is slightly larger than our old one..........440 square feet.   :icon_smile_big:

Note to self, do not attempt to push a '69 Charger with a 440 and 727 installed to your new house around the corner if you:

1) have only eaten 1 meal that day

2) only had one drink that day and it was a Pepsi

3) are wearing heavy steel toe boots

4) are over the age of 43

and

5) haven't been working out lately due to the holidays and such

I got about 4 houses down the road and my legs got wobbly!  What the heck was I thinking?!  After resting at the halfway point, I started going  again.  A guy at the next house, that was washing his car, saw us and asked if I needed help, and I said sure, so he pulled his sweatshirt sleeves down and helped me push it the rest of the way.

Funny thing is, the car actually rolls really nice.  After the first 2 or 3 steps each time, I could just use one hand and walk along pushing it.  I think I was just dehydrated that day.  Sure made me feel old though...

jaak

Stripping/sanding the 68 to start bodywork.

Jason

Dino

Jaak is that the one you were fitting a 69 grille to?  Did you put the 69 tail panel in there as well?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

JR

Installed my wideband O2 and trans temp gauge. Made a first mock up of a center gauge pod out of plastic styrene. I have since found that the faces need to be angled more towards the driver so I am going to make a second one that more resembles a first gen Camaro console pod.

The wideband is awesome. Takes a lot of guesswork out of carb tuning. The O2 sensor is mounted in the passenger side as close to the manifold as I could get. I couldn't mount it on the drivers side with the trans linkage and starter in the way.

Here are some pics taken with a crappy cell camera.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

timmycharger

Over the last few weeks, I mounted the Holley 125 pump and fuel lines to the engine bay. Although its internally regulated, I already had the regulator and I am able to put a gauge there, and will run braided line down to the rail for the six pack.  I finished the wiring, the last thing is the headlight upgrade which will go in the kick panel.  Tested the trunk light, as well as interior lights and the C body console end.  All the brake lines are run as well as the vacuum lines and some of the classic auto air plumbing and wiring.

Few more weeks and Ill be dropping the K frame and getting the motor and trans ready to go in.  :2thumbs:

XH29N0G

I woke it up midwinter from its slumber.  It was nice to hear it.  No drive, but maybe tomorrow if the weather holds. 
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

1st_charger

Quote from: XH29N0G on February 07, 2015, 08:46:20 PM
I woke it up midwinter from its slumber.  It was nice to hear it.  No drive, but maybe tomorrow if the weather holds.  

Did the same had it out in the drive way all afternoon! Nice to see it out in the sun and hear it run! No drive planned till the weather holds and the salts washed off the roads!!

The70RT

one step closer.....
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

moparnation74

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

kokxville

Put in a original hurst 4 speed console shifter to replace the wrong hurst shifter wich was in it. :cheers:
1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

Ryan.C

Installing a viper 6 speed in my '69
There are few problems in life that cannot be solved with C-4.

jaak

I have been putting some time/effort/money in the 68 Lately.... thought I would do something to my 69 R/T. I pretty much have not done anything to it since I finished it (other than a couple of needed repairs). I have been thinking lately I want a more aggressive sound. I installed a repo exhaust system with turbo style mufflers when I put the car together... well I installed a pair of Summit Racing's 2 Chamber Flowmaster knock offs today. I think the car sounds better.

Here is a quick vid (sorry made with my cell) of my 69 with its new 'Feaux'Masters on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPjSRPX6OQo

Jason

myk

Wrapped the car up in a lovely brown tarp for the upcoming 4 day stretch of rain coming up... :slap:
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

JamieZ

Well it hasn't been warm in months so pretty much the only thing I've done is clean the snow off the shed roof.  I decided it was time to get back into working on the car.  I've had the AC compressor laying around so I picked up a rebuild kit and started tearing into it.  I pulled off the clutch and the field ring:

Like everything else on the car it has quite a bit of caked on mud/clay. 

And after some cleaning:

This will not be a fast project, but at least I can do it indoors.

c00nhunterjoe

Im midway through some major overhauling.... new floor pans, frame connectors, brakelines, new fuel system and new rear suspension....

2592 creston

Good Week...Registered my car for the first time since the early 80's, should be on the road by June!!!!!

6pkrtse

Started mine the other day & had to move it out of the garage to work on several side jobs. My Son's car, My Daughter's car & my Bro-in laws car. That sucked.... My baby gets snowed on & they were not even money makng jobs since it was all Family jobs. It was covered with the car cover though.

I am thinking I will rebuild the rear suspension before it comes back out for the year in several more weeks. It still has the original 44 year old suspension & I know it is wore out. Any one kit better than the other to get for the bushings?
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

xoman60

Installed new NGK plugs, Firecore distributor and wires last weekend. Wow! what a difference. No more stumbles or hesitations when I hit the pedal. I highly recommend this easy upgrade. I went with the OEM style mopar distributor.

kokxville

replaced my aftermarket grant steeringwheel for a original 3 spoke wheel,fixed the horn,made a new ground wire from the battery to the engine,putnew hoses on the windshield washers.
Saturday i'm going to tune the proform 750.It's running very rich at this time.
Then i have to fix the windshield wipers to function and i'm off to the dmv to get my charger finally lisenced and street legal  :drool5:
1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

VegasCharger

Does this count? I located 2 cluster to dash OEM screws to complete the 5 required set :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: Also painted the plain circled plastic cover plate for where 1 of the 5 dash cluster screws goes thru the bezel. Same place where the Bullseye Medallion goes. Don't feel like forking over $49.00 for a repop Bullseye one just yet LOL.

Stegs

brought my car to have a transgo shift kit installed, I went with the TF-2

They also did a rear diff service and replaced a torsion bar that was badly worn

Now my car will shift like it should and actually drive straight without the wander like it did!  :2thumbs:

timmycharger

Prepared my motor for new rings and bearings, used the flex hone and de glazed all of the cylinders, came out really nice. Also was able to remove and install a new pilot bushing.

PlainfieldCharger

Quote from: timmycharger on March 16, 2015, 07:27:15 AM
Prepared my motor for new rings and bearings, used the flex hone and de glazed all of the cylinders, came out really nice. Also was able to remove and install a new pilot bushing.
Nice job!! Hey, where your safety glasses :o