News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

DEPRESSION,BLUES,DARK IDEAS,,,,PLEASE ASK AND GET HELP,SOON,PLEASE

Started by djcarguy, November 13, 2012, 04:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

djcarguy

Wishing an hoping a good sunny day to ya alls. here it is sunday an race day an fathers day. its sunny out west an looks to bee a good day to relax and watch some races or go for a drive.  i wished my 3 brothers and son in law happy fathers day and ta all ya guys too ,,have a great day.  relax,enjoy an LEAVE ANY worring and stress for lattter in the week.   i will watch nascar an latter all i can eat spaggetti dinner.

HAVE A GREAT DAY GUYS AN DADS AN GRANPAWS.. :cheers: :popcrn: :2thumbs: :cheers:  LATTTER DJ CARGUY :D

djcarguy

Well are we doing great out there?  have doc app today an got like a hr sleep finally last nite,but up now . was too see quack in may ,they reset app too june so went an did blood an lab stuff only to find they were reseting app to july. pissed me off an i was too bee out of town so finally it got set aug 8th.been stressing over lab results for 6 weeks . get up this morning too read my car insurance was canseled few days ago,so drive to doc without it.

well got on anti depress meds in march but have not seen the quack sence with all the app resets. last few weeks of may an most of june were good weekends busy with family an car stuff. over did the walking an standing an yard work ,been in neck,back,an knee pain most of july lots of knee pain this week. last saturday 2 car shows an on my knees working on friends car.

will call in few minutes  ta see bout reingstate insurance ,or try too get my son or his car for doc app today. well its cloudy an drizzleey in oregon today was mid 90es few days ago 70 yesterday.
         tring to enjoy summer an car stuff,did let some crazy gal start e mailing me . swear they just like to play games an mess with our minds. talk of down time in bed and meeting up ,then shes sick or too busy, oh out of phone minutes so cant talk,,,, just a total load of games an BULL CRAPPOLLA.     hope ya guys are doing good an enjoy summer an car season.  just wrote a note for son too pay me some of his back rent an sent eee to my girl that i need her to start repay the money i loaned her,see how those go over,lead ballons i bet.HANGIN IN  :D :D

JB400

I think you can quit sending rain here to the Midwest Dj.  I have to empty the rain guage after almost every rain, and its been doing this for the last 3 weeks. :brickwall:  I guess it beats the alternative  normal hot and dry August. :2thumbs:

Glad to hear you're doing well :cheers:

ACUDANUT

Well, the bright side is the Farmers crops are looking good.  The price of everything else reflects a good crop. :cheers:

Fred

We're having our first really cold and wet day today since winter started. It's been an easy winter to deal with so far and there's only 3 weeks to go. No complaints.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

tsmithae

Just when things were going well again and I could run a 22min 5k, I had a 500+ lb case dropped on my leg while setting up for a festival... now I can barely walk and am in constant pain.  I have already had 3 prior surgeries on this knee and I am just hoping I don't have to go in for #4... ugh.  :icon_smile_sad:
Check out my full thread and progress here.

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?topic=119.0

JB400

That's not good news. :pity:  Have you had it checked out yet? :popcrn:

tsmithae

It's a WC issue... I can't get anyone to give me a claim number so I can schedule an Appt with a Dr.  :brickwall:

Fred

Some people sure do cop the brunt of life while other people just sail through it without so much as a hiccup.

Sorry to hear of your woes. Hope you're on top of it again real soon.

ACUDANUT

Sorry about leg. Running is hard on the back and knees and will lead to total failure. Have you thought about getting on a bicycle ?

tsmithae

Some people do get the brunt of life and Ive accepted that I'm one of them...

I spent about 5 years on the bike and just took up running this year and found it very therapeutic and relaxing.  Now I'm back to crutches.  :-\

myk

Quote from: ACUDANUT on August 14, 2013, 11:26:29 PM
Sorry about leg. Running is hard on the back and knees and will lead to total failure. Have you thought about getting on a bicycle ?

THIS.  Running is something that many of us can't do for an extended period of time.  I stopped pounding on my body with running and got on a road-bike; much less of an impact on the body for sure...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

tsmithae

And I will most likely wind up on the bike again but for now I can't do much at all... I'm just trying not to let it get to me.

burnout.dawg

Quote from: tsmithae on August 14, 2013, 03:11:07 PM
It's a WC issue... I can't get anyone to give me a claim number so I can schedule an Appt with a Dr.  :brickwall:

Don't wait for the claim number. Get your leg checked out. Tell the doctors what happened and they can get the claim number for you. As long as you reported the accident to your employer, you shouldn't have to wait for a claim number to seek medical attention.

tsmithae

I wound up going to an ER just to get pain meds. In Illinois you can choose your physician but some of them won't do appointments without a claim #.

ER sent me home with a knee immobilizer, crutches, and some of the good stuff.

djcarguy

Bout 5 am west coast,got few minutes nap here on this canfussion box.been down and bummed out clouds rain an end of car stuff. 1st friday home after 14 fridays at brooks show an shine an gathering at fins drive-in did 1st 6 an 3 near the end in my orange 76 4x4 an few in the nisson. lots of cars an car guys and story telling,,BS stuff.but fun an got me out of this house. went too other shows an car stuff on saturdays an sundays or watched nascar races.had 6-8 good weekends this summer,this is 1st 1 only thing i found too do was watch nascar. it was on my home channel so didnt go too bar to watch,should have wood of at least been round people.been out in back yard few times tonite looking at the stars,was cloudy most of week,,dreading end of summer and short dark days.
 still on my meds an doc uped the dose so back to headaches and hazey-zombie feeling till adjust to higher dose. bumming and remembering both my marriages went off deadmans curve labor day time of year. my son21 just signed and passed test for air force,no date for basic yet. an start of october will bee 6 yrs of dad passing. so much stuff an time too think on it is not all ways good i guess. well hangin in, did 9 replys and few pm yesterday an last few days trying too stay busy an my mind distracted  from past an negative stuff.  sunday will bee tv car stuff and spaggette at the bar with water or pop no can drink with the meds ,had some really bad reactions in the past with drinking. sure cant afford to drink an get busted,a carguy with no license that wood not bee good or cheap. take care out there,,,   iam trying ta stay busy or at least sleep thru it.. latter DJ  :cheers: :cheers:  :P  :  :P  :shruggy:  :Twocents:

Fred

Quote from: djcarguy on September 08, 2013, 07:24:02 AM
 Bout 5 am west coast,got few minutes nap here on this canfussion box.been down and bummed out clouds rain an end of car stuff. 1st friday home after 14 fridays at brooks show an shine an gathering at fins drive-in did 1st 6 an 3 near the end in my orange 76 4x4 an few in the nisson. lots of cars an car guys and story telling,,BS stuff.but fun an got me out of this house. went too other shows an car stuff on saturdays an sundays or watched nascar races.had 6-8 good weekends this summer,this is 1st 1 only thing i found too do was watch nascar. it was on my home channel so didnt go too bar to watch,should have wood of at least been round people.been out in back yard few times tonite looking at the stars,was cloudy most of week,,dreading end of summer and short dark days.
 still on my meds an doc uped the dose so back to headaches and hazey-zombie feeling till adjust to higher dose. bumming and remembering both my marriages went off deadmans curve labor day time of year. my son21 just signed and passed test for air force,no date for basic yet. an start of october will bee 6 yrs of dad passing. so much stuff an time too think on it is not all ways good i guess. well hangin in, did 9 replys and few pm yesterday an last few days trying too stay busy an my mind distracted  from past an negative stuff.  sunday will bee tv car stuff and spaggette at the bar with water or pop no can drink with the meds ,had some really bad reactions in the past with drinking. sure cant afford to drink an get busted,a carguy with no license that wood not bee good or cheap. take care out there,,,   iam trying ta stay busy or at least sleep thru it.. latter DJ  :cheers: :cheers:  :P  :  :P  :shruggy:  :Twocents:

If you're looking to keep busy, join in some of the game threads here. They will keep your mind occupied for hours if you want.  :2thumbs:
we're all here for you.

tsmithae

Anytime you can get out of the house for any reason is always good.  I am still laid up with that knee issue and have been making myself lay out in a hammock every day that it's not raining.  I go to a coffee shop (granted, you may not have access to one depending upon where you are) a few times a week; I try to entertain friends and have people over for dinner; I do a trivia night with friends once a week, etc. etc.  I hope some of this helps ya DJ and as always, we're always here on DC.com, even if we are a weird bunch!

Mopar Nut

Quote from: Fred on September 09, 2013, 01:12:35 AM
If you're looking to keep busy, join in some of the game threads here. They will keep your mind occupied for hours if you want.  :2thumbs:
we're all here for you.
:iagree:
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

myk

Going to a coffee shop or any public place and being around people is a good idea.  Even if you're not directly interacting with people, just being around them as they live their lives will allow you to feel as if you're doing the same.  Besides, people watching can be fascinating at times...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

72Charger-SE

Start something positive in your area...

Here's an idea...

https://www.facebook.com/CCIApayitforward

My wife, Peg, has been diagnosed with a Mast Cell disease.  This idea has given her 'life' even if she isn't able to do it all herself.  She is one of the leaders of this site and provides daily challenges for others, as well as herself.  She can then read about others and how this site is impacting the community.   In short, this site has given her 'purpose' when her disease has taken much away....   

Give and it shall be given unto you... 

May the LORD Bless You All!!

Chad

C_stripes

I have been struggling a lot lately. My back surgery was great, I had lost 20 pounds walking every night, then thy physical therapist fucked me all up. I have the same and sometimes worse symptoms as before, I am getting more and more broke as I don't make near what I was, I don't see an end, and sometimes I wake at 4:00 in the god damn morning due to pain... I don't have any kids, wife, or GF. All my family is in Utah. I have four or five friends here locally, yet they are all married and doing their own thing. Sometimes when I wake up at four, I take some oxi do try and go back to sleep and I really REALLY consider take a whole bunch and just drifting off. I really don't know that many would miss me and sometimes, I even wonder how long it would take for anyone to notice. There's only two people on this earth that I don't want to hurt, but I don't know that that's enough anymore... I think the end may be near for me... Call it chicken shit, call it whatever you want. But tomorrow is NOT going to be a better day for me, and neither is next week... I've been telling myself that shit way to long. Then it finely does get better, and the very people that are supposed to be helping me are the ones that throw me back down. I guess we'll see what happens...

I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

C_stripes

Quote from: tsmithae on August 14, 2013, 03:11:07 PM

Get in and get it going. My back is also a workers comp deal... They take for ever and make you jump through hoop after hoop... But be sure to do it... I will probably be fighting them for a long time, if I continue to deal with this shit. If you have your own health insurance, have them get involved. That's what I did. And once they send you out for physical therapy, be sure you go to someone very reputable and if they have apprentices working there, make for damn sure they are being watched. My guy was an apprentice and no one was watching him and my backs as bad or worse than prior surgery, and this parts not covered by workers comp. I grew up in a family that doesn't believe in suing people or business, but this may be a reason to do so...

I wish you luck
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

burnout.dawg

If you haven't talked to your physician...you need to now. Tell him everything you just posted here. If you don't have a lawyer...you might want to check into that too. You should not have to live with this pain. And I think your surgery should be corrected at the therapists expense. As if your physical pain isn't enough, your pain meds could also be contributing to your depression.
I am not a physician, psychologist or attorney, but I am willing to be a friend...PM me anytime.