News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Graveyard carz Daytona ***NEW PICTURES ADDED*** 4 UNCLE FESTER

Started by moparstuart, December 07, 2012, 12:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

Quote from: r4daytona on April 10, 2013, 08:47:24 AM
It was odd not watching it.  I was watching the last episode with Mark, the guys and his wife at a pizza place last week, but I really didn't get in to it since i was thinking of a millon other things. To bad some people don't lighten, Mark and his family are great people, despite what they may see on the show.
Dont let the haters get you down tom  .   :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hemi68charger

Quote from: WINGIN IT on April 10, 2013, 09:09:05 AM
Lookin good Tom, can't wait to see some paint ( bet you can't wait either) :yesnod: :icon_smile_big:

That IS a magical moment for sure. I remember when my username's namesake got its 1st shot of LL1 Turquoise, it was so cool..........
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

tan top

:o   looking  good !!  , awesome stuff  :drool5: :drool5: :yesnod:  ............... :popcrn:

quick question , see green arrow in the picture below ,  whats that hole for / doing there  :scratchchin: cant remember seeing it on any other  69  :shruggy: :popcrn:

also , i don't mean any offence & i'm not picking on / undermining anyones work , :cheers: :cheers:
the spare hold down bracket looks a little too far to the left ,  will that matter , ie spare tire hitting  filler tube  :scratchchin: 

have a look in the second  :scratchchin: picture
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

nascarxx29

?repo trunk hole wrong spot for tank sender wire .Or a gas vent tube
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

r4daytona

Don't know what that hole is for, probably something from the repro trunk floor as pointed out.  I will ask Mark to double check that Since he has another AMD trunk floor in one of the storage pods.  Thanks

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: tan top on April 10, 2013, 06:09:16 PM
 :o   looking  good !!  , awesome stuff  :drool5: :drool5: :yesnod:  ............... :popcrn:

quick question , see green arrow in the picture below ,  whats that hole for / doing there  :scratchchin: cant remember seeing it on any other  69  :shruggy: :popcrn:

also , i don't mean any offence & i'm not picking on / undermining anyones work , :cheers: :cheers:
the spare hold down bracket looks a little too far to the left ,  will that matter , ie spare tire hitting  filler tube  :scratchchin: 

have a look in the second  :scratchchin: picture

Def alittle to far to the left,and the hole ????? The sending unit wire goes thru the lower trunk floor to the right of the bracket.Good place to put the air shock valve !!!!LOL

69 OUR/TEA

Wooops,as seen in the pic of the yellow  orig trunk floor.

Benji

If you look at the location of the bracket in the "yellow floor" pic and then the new floor pic you can see the bracket was welded too far to the left.  It looks to me like the hole in question would wind up under the top of the bracket if the bracket were welded on in the correct spot.

Ben

thehemikid

The hole reminds me of the 68-70 B body Ply long gas vent tube hole.

r4daytona

Quote from: hemi68charger on April 10, 2013, 11:12:31 AM
Lookin good Tom, can't wait to see some paint ( bet you can't wait either) :yesnod: :icon_smile_big:

That IS a magical moment for sure. I remember when my username's namesake got its 1st shot of LL1 Turquoise, it was so cool..........

I'm sure that true, I can't wait either.  I think the more magical moment (for me anyway) is going to be when it actually sinks in that I'm driving a real daytona. Just wondering how paranoid I'm going to be about other drivers -- always looking in my rear view mirror!

billssuperbird

WINGIN IT

Quote from: r4daytona on April 12, 2013, 07:32:40 AM
Quote from: hemi68charger on April 10, 2013, 11:12:31 AM

I'm sure that true, I can't wait either.  I think the more magical moment (for me anyway) is going to be when it actually sinks in that I'm driving a real daytona. Just wondering how paranoid I'm going to be about other drivers -- always looking in my rear view mirror!

Ha, yeah I'm with you Tom.  So while you're driving you newly restored limited edition 69 Dodge Daytona simply repeat the phrase ,  " It's just a car, it's just a car, it's just a car"   :yesnod: ;D

held1823

drive it like you stole it.

(or snuck it out of the garage, in my case from days gone by)
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

r4daytona

Here's the video I promised.  Yes you can all laugh at my chipped tooth!  Broke it years ago and of course on ym second day the piece broke off.  My girlfriends son did the tech conversion stuff so as they say... it is what it is.  I'm sure someone will find something to complain about though.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynSIr9hut58&feature=youtu.be

hemi68charger

Well, lookie there...........  :2thumbs:  Mark looks the same as he does on TV............  Well duhhh Troy

Cool.... And yeap, that's one heck of a chipped tooth...........  :nana:  I have one similar under this front crown...... lol
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

moparstuart

Quote from: r4daytona on April 12, 2013, 09:51:50 PM
Here's the video I promised.  Yes you can all laugh at my chipped tooth!  Broke it years ago and of course on ym second day the piece broke off.  My girlfriends son did the tech conversion stuff so as they say... it is what it is.  I'm sure someone will find something to complain about though.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynSIr9hut58&feature=youtu.be
:2thumbs: :rofl:  i love it you calling him gomez throwing it right back at him , good job chrome dome    :nana:

WINGIN IT

Quote from: moparstuart on April 12, 2013, 10:17:08 PM
:2thumbs: :rofl:  i love it you calling him gomez throwing it right back at him , good job chrome dome    :nana:

Ha, yeah that was great Tom, way to improvise  :2thumbs:

Got a bit of a chipped toof maself, been that way since I was a kid.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Nice shout out for the site!  :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

thehemikid

Quote from: moparstuart on April 12, 2013, 10:17:08 PM

It did hang him up there for a second didn't it.  :lol:   I replayed it a few times & couldn't figure out what he said (under his breath) after that. :lol:

r4daytona

He is a great sport and a really nice guy.  If some of the haters met him they might change their mind.

thehemikid

moparstuart

Quote from: r4daytona on April 13, 2013, 09:09:46 PM
He is a great sport and a really nice guy.  If some of the haters met him they might change their mind.
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

Homerr

Quote from: r4daytona on April 13, 2013, 09:09:46 PM

Surely. 

Some may think I have been a bit of a hater on GYC.  I have been going by what I saw on TV - which Mark put there.  I haven't been Facebook friends or been to the shop so I haven't been going on anything but the TV show.  Early on I knew it was 'dramatized', that's easy to see - but how much?  Couldn't tell until I got to know the show and crew a little.

Over time I've parsed out some of the behind the scenes dynamics of the show.  I've also seen some just plain poor behavior on the show, beyond just 'garage humor' imho.  I'm sure behind the camera Mark is a great fellow and all, but in front of the camera I'm not so sure even now.  If the drama absolutely must still be there it would be cool seeing the guys trying to 'one-up' instead of put-down'.  In general I do love the show for the Mopars but would definitely like to see less ego involved and more actual car work. 

djcarguy

:popcrn: :popcrn: watching an waiting for new info ???   any paint yet???    howdy tom just asking. :2thumbs:

hemi68charger

Quote from: djcarguy on May 04, 2013, 11:13:06 AM
:popcrn: :popcrn: watching an waiting for new info ???   any paint yet???    howdy tom just asking. :2thumbs:

Go to the facebook page for Graveyard Carz. I can't seem to be able to copy/paste the link to his page, but just do a search on "Graveyard Carz".. The car from the pictures looks great, it's all R4 !!!   :2thumbs:

Troy