News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Graveyard Carz

Started by GYC Undertaker, December 10, 2012, 01:43:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACUDANUT

Hi Guys,

This is just a test as I'm having trouble posting here. If it works I'll be back on later to update everyone on the Show and the carz! ~Mark

Yea, it's been over a year and I have so much money, that I don't need you guys anymore.  It was so difficult to post here, I wonder how I changed my oil.-Mark

Budnicks

Quote from: cdr on January 22, 2014, 08:35:55 AM
show was good until mark said, stock exhaust manifolds make the same power as headers  :slap: :slap:
:2thumbs:
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Budnicks

Quote from: hatersaurusrex on January 19, 2014, 10:53:29 AM
Yeah for all you haters who have given up on the show - the second show of the season really has the feel to it everyone has been asking for.   If the old format was 75% drama and 25% cars, this new one was the exact opposite.    I was very impressed.
It was better yes, but IMHFO it's much more like 55% drama/grab a$$ & 15% product plugging & 30% cars, just because people have criticism of the show, characters & format doesn't make people haters, I'd like to see the show make it  :Twocents: I thought the parts with Josh teaching Heidi {Holly} ? about documenting & cleaning parts, was that he's a pretty damn patient guy & taught her pretty well, much better than Mark, his insults or lame movie references {she was clueless, so was 90% of the audience too}... the run in stand plugging & the arguing with Darren & Mark, blown fuse rant, is still a little much, somewhat humorous... It was Really Good to see an esteemed member Que-ball now DC .com's TV star there...LOL, but not really much on the Daytona, but it was really nice to see it anyway... Mark actually fessed up, about being late with the paint & customer being upset...  :brickwall: still had to fast forward thru about 20 minutes of Markisms  :slap:

djcarguy

Saw first 3 this season,,2nd an 3rd were very good i think.... :Twocents:   1st too much not- clone black cuda an sad try too tie it to old movie crap... :Twocents: :Twocents:

have to go to bar to watch ,with 2 sick uncles an my kid moving out have been in down mood an staying out of the bar for few weeks now..  do plan to watch some back show 2-17 looks like GYC  catch up day an will bee taco nite at pour house  bar on 42nd st,, come on by,ha ha ho     :Twocents: :Twocents: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:  DJ west

hatersaurusrex

Quote from: bill440rt on January 22, 2014, 10:38:09 AM
My hunch is that there is no way a stock set of HP's will flow like a set of TTI's or other good header.  :scratchchin:

The show is definitely making an improvement.  :2thumbs:
The scenes between Mark & Holly were a little creepy, though. Awk-ward!   :lol:

Well, in context, he was saying that people threw away perfectly good HP manifolds for a set of bolt-on headers with no other head work assuming a horsepower boost - and this was in the pre-CAD design era he's talking about - so they probably added very little back then if you did nothing else to the motor.  And you know 99% of those guys never actually dynoe'd them.   And to his point, nobody could know a stock HP manifold would be worth anything more than scrap 40 years later.

I added a CAI to my 2011 RAM and didn't realize until I went to install it, that there was a pretty damn good CAI setup already on the truck.    I probably added a little flow and it definitely rumbles harder, but I made the same assumption a lot of people probably made about the HP manifolds - aftermarket HAS to be better - but in this case probably wasn't.  I'm not paying for a dyno to find out, I'll just be happy with the extra boom and move on.

I do love downshifting and passing Fords and Chevys and loudly blasting by them with all ~400ish horses.   Can't wait to do the same thing in my '68.

[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

ozoner

Last week mark said the 69 Daytona was a transformed charger r/t. Didn't creative industries use the concept of the 500 charger? IDK maybe they did transform the r/t's :icon_smile_question:

tsmithae

The 500 was the first attempt at an aero car but they had issues with aerodynamics.  The Daytona was the solution and yes they used R/Ts. 
Check out my full thread and progress here.

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?topic=119.0

ozoner

Good to know. Thank you !!

Troy

Quote from: ozoner on February 20, 2014, 01:06:38 PM
Last week mark said the 69 Daytona was a transformed charger r/t. Didn't creative industries use the concept of the 500 charger? IDK maybe they did transform the r/t's :icon_smile_question:
Quote from: tsmithae on February 20, 2014, 01:37:22 PM
The 500 was the first attempt at an aero car but they had issues with aerodynamics.  The Daytona was the solution and yes they used R/Ts. 
I'm hoping Mark just didn't have time to provide the whole explanation. A Charger 500 was born, went through, and left the factory as Charger 500 and a Daytona as a Daytona. Creative made the final modifications but the cars were never designated as R/Ts. Technically, the standard equipment was the same/based on the R/T but it wasn't like they randomly pulled an R/T off the line and said "this one will be a Daytona".

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

tsmithae

Quote from: Troy on February 20, 2014, 03:24:16 PM
Quote from: ozoner on February 20, 2014, 01:06:38 PM
Quote from: tsmithae on February 20, 2014, 01:37:22 PM
I'm hoping Mark just didn't have time to provide the whole explanation. A Charger 500 was born, went through, and left the factory as Charger 500 and a Daytona as a Daytona. Creative made the final modifications but the cars were never designated as R/Ts. Technically, the standard equipment was the same/based on the R/T but it wasn't like they randomly pulled an R/T off the line and said "this one will be a Daytona".

Troy

Much better explanation, thanks.  :2thumbs:

ozoner

Yes very good. I learn everyday :2thumbs:

tsmithae

That's a good read, thanks for sharing that. 

HeavyFuel

Watched an episode last night, and was surprised to see a Superbird that belongs to a friend of mine shown as part of a vinyl top trivia question.

I called him up.....he had no idea they were going to use a shot of his car, and doesn't really mind.  He's proud of it and doesn't mind showing it off.

This pic does get around.   :yesnod:

Chargen69

deleted the last two shows and probably taking it out of my dvr schedule, not wasting my time anymore after the popcorn crap :slap:

Chargen69

Quote from: Chargen69 on February 26, 2014, 02:41:04 PM
deleted the last two shows without watching them and probably taking it out of my dvr schedule, not wasting my time anymore after the popcorn crap :slap:

Chargen69

sorry that should have been modify instead of quote

nvrbdn

i recorded, and watching tonight. :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

64dartgt

...is key.  That way I can fast forward through all the commercials and the BS if it gets too much to deal with.   :Twocents:

TruckDriver

this episode had a lot of good info. in it. And I think I am starting to understand the humor between the guys. Darrin made me laugh out loud at the end of the show.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Mopar Nut

Quote from: HeavyFuel on February 26, 2014, 01:46:48 PM
Watched an episode last night, and was surprised to see a Superbird that belongs to a friend of mine shown as part of a vinyl top trivia question.

I called him up.....he had no idea they were going to use a shot of his car, and doesn't really care.  He's proud of it and doesn't mind showing it off.

This pic does get around.   :yesnod:

I would be proud of it too, that's a beautiful car.   :drool5:
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Budnicks

Either I'm kind of getting use to all the lame Markisms & grab a$$ BS crap, or the show is actually getting a smidgen better... after season 3 now, getting to know the characters better... I didn't have to FFWD thru too much last night... Mark was ever so slightly, a little more respectful to the guys... {my ol'Pops still refuses to watch it at all, so I watch/DVR after he goes to bed}... Maybe Mark/he's actually listening to many of the constructive criticisms...  The Darren & Mark banter grab a$$ BS, is still way too much of the show, too much of the lame Three Stooges routine... IMHFO Royal, the very little actually ever seen Derrick (?) or Holly, are the only decent workers in that shop, they just puts their heads down & actually work... Josh is young & still learning, I expect less from him, he's still green & has to work for & with his father in law, kind of a different dynamic there...  There's nothing wrong with having fun, needling each other, especially with your old HS friends &/or a few lame jokes, but not the main format of the show :Twocents:

ACUDANUT

Ummm, what.... "Either I'm kind of getting use to all the lame Markisms & grab a$$ BS crap, or the show is actually getting a smidgen better... "

nvrbdn

i thought it was fine. darren made me laugh.im good.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Grm2159

Mark has mentioned on Facebook that he reads the comments and will continue to make changes. However, season 3 is all done and he can't change that at all. I think overall the show is much better and more informative this season. Season 4 should be the best. Then again, that's my 440 6 pack challenger they took apart the other night. Won't see more of it till season 4 now.