News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Question Regarding the Price of a 1969 Dodge Charger

Started by knightprowl, September 18, 2014, 04:32:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreamcar

Your updated list equates to a mostly stock 383 Charger. Theres nothing special there. All those parts are a available and will fit any 69 Charger, but some parts are more difficult to find than others. A nice rust free example will be around 25-30k, but it still may not have all the colors and options you want.

Every Charger is going up in price, regardless of condition. So the longer you wait, the more the cost goes up. Many 383 cars will likely no longer be numbers matching. If the car survived at all, many would drop in a  440 if the original engine was done.

Bodywork can easily be the most expensive part, so find the nicest one and spend the money saved on those parts you are missing.

Mine is a numbers matching 383 with AC and vinyl top and fender tag.. Here's what just under 10 k can get you:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,110598.0.html

Good luck in your search.

"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

1969 Charger, 383, Q5/V1W, A35, H51, N88,  numbers match (under restoration)

knightprowl

I don't care for numbers matching. I just want a solid daily driver with no mechanical or electrical issues and no major cosmetic issues on the exterior or interior and no rusted or rotted out areas. I don't mind a little surface or undercarriage rust. Just not a lot. And as I said before I will have to add a lot to my car and fix a lot there's no ways around it.

Just as long as its got most of what I want in my updated list and is close to stock with no aftermarket parts just OEM, OER and or NOS then I will be fine. And I will worry about getting one later. My LEE 1 list comes first. Plus I have got to get the money first and I don't know how much I will get or when I will get it so I will worry about it later on. But thanks for the information and advice.

Thank you and Peace.

Dreamcar

LEE1 was 383, so I highly doubt it had a single exhaust
"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

knightprowl

According to Jim Shine it was. He said that it had the Y-pipe single exhaust when they found it. But they added a dual exhaust when they restored it. Along with changing a lot about LEE 1 that isn't correct to 1978. Plus it was a two barrel from the factory and not a four barrel so that might have contributed to the Y-pipe single exhaust. But he said that's what LEE 1 had when they found it. So I am going with that. But thanks for the comment none the less

Thank you and Peace.

knightprowl

Well I updated my list again. Pretty much I will have to take what I can find. Since I want a general lee replica then I will probably take your advice and just buy one no matter what era of general lee it is. Hopefully I will get a Georgia era so not much would have to change but I would take a early California or late California era general lee.

But as we both said it needs to be solid and without any major cosmetic issues and no mechanical or electrical issues. Truth be told as long as it has no mechanical or electrical issues I will probably buy any general lee or regular 1969 dodge charger because I can change stuff when I want and have the money to. But mainly I just want a general lee or a regular 1969 dodge charger.

Its my dream car. And Even if it has some cosmetic issues I don't care. Just as long as its a solid daily driver with no mechanical or electrical issues or any rusted or rotted out areas and as little surface or undercarriage rust as possible with no major cosmetic issues on the exterior or the interior then I really don't care. So your right I need to focus on getting the car first then worry about making it into LEE 1 or whatever.

So thanks for that reminder man. I have been so focused on making a LEE 1 list I lost sight of why I am really here. So thanks for the wake up call so to speak. I can finish the list anytime. But getting what I want in a car for my budget wont always be here. So getting the money and getting the car will be my main priority from now on. I will still work on my list but I need to focus more on the money and the car then the list.

Thank you and Peace

Dreamcar

Quote from: knightprowl on September 23, 2014, 09:30:54 PM
Well I updated my list again. Pretty much I will have to take what I can find. Since I want a general lee replica then I will probably take your advice and just buy one no matter what era of general lee it is. Hopefully I will get a Georgia era so not much would have to change but I would take a early California or late California era general lee.

But as we both said it needs to be solid and without any major cosmetic issues and no mechanical or electrical issues. Truth be told as long as it has no mechanical or electrical issues I will probably buy any general lee or regular 1969 dodge charger because I can change stuff when I want and have the money to. But mainly I just want a general lee or a regular 1969 dodge charger.

Its my dream car. And Even if it has some cosmetic issues I don't care. Just as long as its a solid daily driver with no mechanical or electrical issues or any rusted or rotted out areas and as little surface or undercarriage rust as possible with no major cosmetic issues on the exterior or the interior then I really don't care. So your right I need to focus on getting the car first then worry about making it into LEE 1 or whatever.

So thanks for that reminder man. I have been so focused on making a LEE 1 list I lost sight of why I am really here. So thanks for the wake up call so to speak. I can finish the list anytime. But getting what I want in a car for my budget wont always be here. So getting the money and getting the car will be my main priority from now on. I will still work on my list but I need to focus more on the money and the car then the list.

Thank you and Peace

You're welcome. :cheers: Good luck in the search!

Dreamcar

I didn't see it on your list, but don't forget that LEE1 had the optional rocker panel moldings. You can see it on the passenger side of my car. It was the only Lee to have them after the GL uniform got put on.

knightprowl

I did have it on the list originally before I edited it. But I decided to remove it and a lot of other details like the removed gas cap trim which only LEE 1, LEE 2 and LEE 3 had and etc. since as you said a lot of it will have to be added by me as there's no way around that. But yes it was there originally along with the other LEE 1 specific details. Anyways thanks again for the information, support and advice.

Thank you and Peace.