News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 charger with amnesia build

Started by Baldwinvette77, March 27, 2013, 10:39:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthorseman

Outstanding work.  Wish I could do that.

Really impressed with the "can-do" attitude.  Kepp it up, Totally NOT MoparmanJim!   :2thumbs:

dodgey68

Quote from: Fred on March 27, 2013, 10:33:14 PM
Quote from: Darkman on March 27, 2013, 07:59:24 PM
Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on March 27, 2013, 07:21:20 PM
won't be a showroom correct example, but it will kick ass all the same  :yesnod:

Just between you and me.....who needs another showroom build. They are getting boring  :stirthepot:

We need more like you that aren't afraid to make a car the way they want and laugh off the criticism  :2thumbs:

:2thumbs:  Dead on.  It's your Charger, you need to do whatever makes you happy.

yep what he said , good luck , its fun anyway,,:buff:

when all you own is a hammer, every job  resembles a nail.

LaOtto70Charger

Looks like an interesting build.  Please don't take this the wrong way.  But reading your part description all I could think of was Johnny Cash's One Piece at a Time song.

70 sublime

Quote from: LaOtto70Charger on March 28, 2013, 05:32:57 AM
Looks like an interesting build.  Please don't take this the wrong way.  But reading your part description all I could think of was Johnny Cash's One Piece at a Time song.

Ha ha I think I already heard someone else say that :)

If I was you I think before you get too deep into this I would be getting the ownership now
At least go ask for real at the ministry office and see what they say and get some of the paper work
Who knows how many hoops they will want you to jump through
They might even make you get your car appraised and I think you could honestly say it is at its lowest value right now if they want you to pay tax on it
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Homerr

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on March 27, 2013, 05:51:38 PM
Quote from: Homerr on March 27, 2013, 05:30:25 PM
Have you checked out what your state requires to get a VIN?
Have you checked if you can insure this car with more than just collision?
:Twocents:

about insurance, no, it's hard to get insurance quotes for a car that technically doesn't exist, but i'll defiantly research it  :o

I brought up insurance because I saw recently, maybe even here on DC.com, that someone had trouble finding comprehensive insurance for their build with a salvage VIN.  I think that was in the States though.

Baldwinvette77

Thanks guys  :cheers: , and yeah i really should look into the registration process, my manager is a licensed appraiser and i can do safety inspections myself, so im hoping that will make it easier.
and i have a feeling Cash would be proud of this one  :lol:

tan top

got some project going on there Dude  :yesnod:   :2thumbs: :coolgleamA:

:popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Baldwinvette77

It was a good day (finally) today, so i took a crack at the most intimidating rust spot on the charger, the rear window channel  :popcrn:

still need to finish welding it, and a couple other small pieces are needed but i took a break for today.

MoparManJim

Love the work your doing on your charger, I was thinking after I red what you said about the vin stuff, you must have gotten a rebody car that someone used the vin stuff for or something, because I would think the firewall, dash, and tail end has the stuff on it. 

I have a charger as well that I did all my own work on as well, I did share photos of the build at one time.. and just like you just because I didn't do it with new AMD stuff like your doing which alot of folkd would have went the amd route, I rather did it my own way.. :shruggy: I got picked on.. but anyways I like your attitude on your work that your doing, keep that attitude man as that is the kind I have now days myself  :2thumbs:  :cheers:

I wouldn't call myself legend at all.

Keep up that good work man on your build, don't let indygenerllee get to you also..  :2thumbs:.   
You have to realize they don't know any better. :pity:  :smilielol:

69rtse4spd

As said before, great can do attitude. Build the way you want & have fun with it when done. Drive it like you stole it. :2thumbs:.  

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: MoparManJim on April 04, 2013, 06:19:23 PM
Love the work your doing on your charger, I was thinking after I red what you said about the vin stuff, you must have gotten a rebody car that someone used the vin stuff for or something, because I would think the firewall, dash, and tail end has the stuff on it. 

I have a charger as well that I did all my own work on as well, I did share photos of the build at one time.. and just like you just because I didn't do it with new AMD stuff like your doing which alot of folkd would have went the amd route, I rather did it my own way.. :shruggy: I got picked on.. but anyways I like your attitude on your work that your doing, keep that attitude man as that is the kind I have now days myself  :2thumbs:  :cheers:

Keep up that good work man on your build, don't let indygenerllee get to you also..  :2thumbs:.   

My God You really do exist!!!!!!  :o

Also have a link to your build?  :popcrn:

charger01

This is going to get interesting, keep the pics coming. 

Fred

There you are Jim. I've been looking for you everywhere.  :scope:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Kern Dog

Why? Does Jim owe YOU money, too? :smilielol:

Fred

Quote from: Red 70 R/T 493 on April 05, 2013, 02:48:02 AM
Why? Does Jim owe YOU money, too? :smilielol:

:smilielol:     No, I found his ducks!    :smilielol: :smilielol:  

(just kidding Jim)

Cooter

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on April 04, 2013, 07:11:07 PM

Baldwinvette77, First off, Kudos for doing it yourself. Hats off. However, please don't read TOO much into this, but I was thinking along these same lines. I know you've seen the "Hack" thread? Well, I see NOTHING wrong with doing it the way you've done here. However, I DO find it Funny that either the guys here wanna be civil, or just plain Nice (Dare I say), but I was wondering if you had thoughts on why in the "Hack" thread something done this way would be considered "Hacked", yet here everybody seems to be on board and thinks it's great? Just wondering your thoughts on this, as I have ALOT of builds that are done this way, but Like MM Jim, Wonder why some get sh*t for it, and some don't.. Is it a "Clique" type  thing?
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: Cooter on April 05, 2013, 06:45:23 AM

Baldwinvette77, First off, Kudos for doing it yourself. Hats off. However, please don't read TOO much into this, but I was thinking along these same lines. I know you've seen the "Hack" thread? Well, I see NOTHING wrong with doing it the way you've done here. However, I DO find it Funny that either the guys here wanna be civil, or just plain Nice (Dare I say), but I was wondering if you had thoughts on why in the "Hack" thread something done this way would be considered "Hacked", yet here everybody seems to be on board and thinks it's great? Just wondering your thoughts on this, as I have ALOT of builds that are done this way, but Like MM Jim, Wonder why some get sh*t for it, and some don't.. Is it a "Clique" type  thing?

Well the way i look at it, without a vin tag and other stampings, the car is worthless, it might aswell be a pinto, im sure someone on the forum might have taken on this car, if not a similar one to it, but not many would, it's pretty far gone. i plan on turning it into a fun car to keep and don't really plan on selling it, i guess alot of the "hacked" cars get crap because they could end up sold to buyers expecting amd panels under the paint. I don't know why some get called out for it and some don't, i guess it just depends on the car it's being done to, and what it's being used for :shruggy: mine for example will make the deathproof car look showroom fresh  :lol:

MoparManJim

Hi Cooter, Yes it is a Clique type thing on here.

For the others. I'm not going to hi-jack Baldwins build thread here, he's a nice guy doing something that alot of you all wouldn't even attempt to do. I take my hat off to this young man for his courage for what he is doing and doing a real good job at his repairs from my point of view. He's trying to save money instead of just running out buying new amd stuff and spending alot of money when he has the skill to do it for less money out of metal he already has. The way this young man is doing it is the way you build your skills up on things. Doing it the way he is doing it will teach him more about cars and how they are built and will give him alot more pride in his work as well and so how hard he is willing to go for something he really wants. It's builds like this that sets the man apart from boys.  :lol: 

Keep up the good work, Baldwinvette!  :cheers:

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: MoparManJim on April 05, 2013, 06:29:15 PM

For the others. I'm not going to hi-jack Baldwins build thread here, he's a nice guy doing something that alot of you all wouldn't even attempt to do. I take my hat off to this young man for his courage for what he is doing and doing a real good job at his repairs from my point of view. He's trying to save money instead of just running out buying new amd stuff and spending alot of money when he has the skill to do it for less money out of metal he already has. The way this young man is doing it is the way you build your skills up on things. Doing it the way he is doing it will teach him more about cars and how they are built and will give him alot more pride in his work as well and so how hard he is willing to go for something he really wants. It's builds like this that sets the man apart from boys.  :lol: 

Im speechless :o... Nothing comes to mind except "thankyou"   :cheers:

toocheaptosmoke

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: toocheaptosmoke on April 05, 2013, 07:09:51 PM
I give it two thumbs up.  :2thumbs: 
Thankyou, I love your 70 :drool5: im keeping track with it.

Back N Black

Fuck Jim, i don't know who is worst? you or Cooter. If a guy don't do all of his own work, you think he is less deserving or not a car guy if he sources out most of his work. BTW, i think Baldwinvette77 is doing an awesome job and i am looking forward to pics of the build. :2thumbs:

Fred

Quote from: Back N Black on April 05, 2013, 09:28:28 PM
I have a charger as well that I did all my own work on as well, I did share photos of the build at one time.. and just like you just because I didn't do it with new AMD stuff like your doing which alot of folkd would have went the amd route, I rather did it my own way.. :shruggy: I got picked on.. but anyways I like your attitude on your work that your doing, keep that attitude man as that is the kind I have now days myself  :2thumbs:  :cheers:
My God You really do exist!!!!!!  :o
Also have a link to your build?  :popcrn:

Baldwinvette77, First off, Kudos for doing it yourself. Hats off. However, please don't read TOO much into this, but I was thinking along these same lines. I know you've seen the "Hack" thread? Well, I see NOTHING wrong with doing it the way you've done here. However, I DO find it Funny that either the guys here wanna be civil, or just plain Nice (Dare I say), but I was wondering if you had thoughts on why in the "Hack" thread something done this way would be considered "Hacked", yet here everybody seems to be on board and thinks it's great? Just wondering your thoughts on this, as I have ALOT of builds that are done this way, but Like MM Jim, Wonder why some get sh*t for it, and some don't.. Is it a "Clique" type  thing?

For the others. I'm not going to hi-jack Baldwins build thread here, he's a nice guy doing something that alot of you all wouldn't even attempt to do. I take my hat off to this young man for his courage for what he is doing and doing a real good job at his repairs from my point of view. He's trying to save money instead of just running out buying new amd stuff and spending alot of money when he has the skill to do it for less money out of metal he already has. The way this young man is doing it is the way you build your skills up on things. Doing it the way he is doing it will teach him more about cars and how they are built and will give him alot more pride in his work as well and so how hard he is willing to go for something he really wants. It's builds like this that sets the man apart from boys.  :lol:  

Keep up the good work, Baldwinvette!  :cheers:

Fuck Jim, i don't know who is worst? you or Cooter. If a guy don't do all of his own work, you think he is less deserving or not a car guy if he sources out most of his work. BTW, i think Baldwinvette77 is doing an awesome job and i am looking forward to pics of the build. :2thumbs:

Plus some of us have got more money than others!    :icon_smile_big:   :icon_smile_big:  Some of us have even got money to burn!!  I'm lighting a fire tonight!   :smilielol:

JB400

Someone that does their own work is more likely to respect his benefits of his work compared to someone who just spends the money to have it done :Twocents:

:2thumbs: For BVette for doing an awesome job so far.  Looking forward to seeing more :popcrn:

NHCharger

However, I DO find it Funny that either the guys here wanna be civil, or just plain Nice (Dare I say), but I was wondering if you had thoughts on why in the "Hack" thread something done this way would be considered "Hacked", yet here everybody seems to be on board and thinks it's great? Just wondering your thoughts on this, as I have ALOT of builds that are done this way, but Like MM Jim, Wonder why some get sh*t for it, and some don't.. Is it a "Clique" type  thing?

Cooter. I don't know what hack thread you are referring to. I think that most members are giving him the  :thumbs: because of what he had to start with, and many members here would have brought that car to the crusher for beer money. If it was a #'s matching 4 speed I'm sure most would be singing a different tune. I appreciate the fact he's bringing a crusher back from the dead.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel