News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

If you could order a brand new classic Charger what would you get ?

Started by 70 sublime, May 07, 2020, 10:23:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70 sublime

So the weather sucks again around here calling for chance of snow again this weekend  :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

So what classic Charger would you order today if you have to drive it now in your everyday life for 6 months of the year ( park it for the winter if you have winter)
Your car has no historic value because any one can order one
You drive it to work
To the grocery store
To the gas station
To the gas station .....

Would you really want a long pointy nose car at the grocery store ??

I walk to work every day so gas economy is not really a big thing for me

Think I would get a 70 R/T 6 pack 4 speed car , 323 limited slip rear end
Power steering , power brakes ( disc on front )
I would want air conditioning ( some how mounted with a 6 pack )
Bucket seats , console
Power windows
AM/FM/8 track radio
3 speed windshield wipers
Wood grain dash option ( have you ever been driving and the sun is just right and the glare comes up off the console ? )
Factory magnum 500 wheels
As for colour the paint would be bright green with the hood call outs
Black interior

Or might go with a burnt orange car with burnt orange interior

Yes I am bored so post away your dream ride that you must use and put gas in for your every day life now
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

birdsandbees

What.. no Winter driving? What fun's in that..... My Bee was our family car... ski hills and all and my old man never bought a snow tire in his life!
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

kab69440

A 69 in white, 440/833/ 3.54, rubber floors and a heater.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

bigdsul

Ordering a new from factory charger would be fun.

I'd go with a B7 blue 70 RT/SE hemi car with a black vinyl top and blue interior. 4 speed car with a Dana 60 rear end. Power drivers side view mirror and black trunk stripe.

Kern Dog

Quote from: 70 sublime on May 07, 2020, 10:23:02 PM
So the weather sucks again around here calling for chance of snow again this weekend  :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

So what classic Charger would you order today if you have to drive it now in your everyday life for 6 months of the year ( park it for the winter if you have winter)
Your car has no historic value because any one can order one
You drive it to work
To the grocery store
To the gas station
To the gas station .....

Would you really want a long pointy nose car at the grocery store ??

I walk to work every day so gas economy is not really a big thing for me

Think I would get a 70 R/T 6 pack 4 speed car , 323 limited slip rear end

If we are being historically accurate, the best you could get is a 3.54 since the 440 4 speed mandated the Dana 60 axle.   :2thumbs:

Interesting topic. The Wife and I bought the closest thing we could to a "Charger" in 2015. The B-5 blue Challenger R/T with the base 5.7 engine.
It makes decent power, is easy to live with, is a great road car that is comfortable and gets decent mileage.
Stepping back, a 68 or 70 383 4 barrel car with 3.23 gears and a 727 would be a great driver.

dual fours

Quote from: birdsandbees on May 07, 2020, 10:54:12 PM
What.. no Winter driving? What fun's in that..... My Bee was our family car... ski hills and all and my old man never bought a snow tire in his life!
Those GOODYEAR POLYGLAS GT F60x15 with drum brakes on the front were like toboggans in the snow. I would not want to live though that again.
1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

tan top

to drive every day ! daily driver !  would have a difficult time choosing between

440  69  Charger  R/T  , Y2 yellow  black top  & black interior , stripe delete .  ;)
 automatic  , console , disc brakes , power steering,  remote drivers &  passenger side mirror, am/fm radio , light group , tinted glass all round , tick tock tach , 2.94 sure grip  slot mag wheels ,   virtually same charger as i already have now  :lol:

HEMI 69  Charger  R/T , Y2 yellow black interior & black top , black stripe
automatic , console , disc brakes , power steering , remote drivers &  passenger side mirror. am/ fm radio , light group,  tinted glass all round, tick tock tach ,   3.23 sure grip ,  slot mag wheels

although thinking about it  there are few more optioned chargers i could choose ,

might add them here later ....difficult to choose love them all  :lol:   :slap:  :scratchchin: :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

cdr

Black 69 SE Daytona, 426 auto with D60, power windows, 6 way seat,white gut, remote adjustable mirror, pass side mirror, disc brakes.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Ghoste

Assuming money for insurance and purchase no option, a 69 Hemi four speed in silver.  Maybe a 500 if I could get one.  If money was normal factor, same car but a 440.   Maybe an RT SE?  If money was a big factor, same car but a 383.

70 sublime

So it looks like no one really drives very far to work and wants or needs a 318 so they do not have to stop for gas at todays prices just to make it home again  :smilielol:

I did say drive it every day

timmycharger

Ill play!

Tough call, but for me it would have to be a 1969 RT/SE, 4spd 440,  B3 Blue with black interior/top...

68RT440

I'd do a '69 SE, 383 4 BBL, 4 speed, Q5 with a white top and interior, deep dish wheel covers (like Bullitt) with white walls, sunroof, buddy seat (no console), AM/8 track, A/C.
1968 Charger R/T, matching numbers 440/727, black with green top and interior, currently getting restored by me

70 sublime

Quote from: 68RT440 on May 08, 2020, 08:58:13 AM
I'd do a '69 SE, 383 4 BBL, 4 speed, Q5 with a white top and interior, deep dish wheel covers (like Bullitt) with white walls, sunroof, buddy seat (no console), AM/8 track, A/C.

Thats pretty close to what my car was when new  :2thumbs:
1969 383 and Q5

c00nhunterjoe

Nacho-RT74

69 R/T SE with air ( which takes to just 440 auto ), 3:55 SG, console. Bronze on bronze top and tan interior. I'm not sure about the delete stripe option, so would be a black stripe, so MAYBE could be black top too. Magnum wheels.

Or also black on black top, with black stripe, but still tan interior.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

b5blue

Mine is on the carport 70 440 auto a/c and I drive it 365. Over 25 years it's been built to spec. a bit better then I could have ordered.

moparchris

The car I had in high school and should have kept;
1968 Hemi Charger R/T  Burgundy, Black top, black bucket interior 4 speed, console, White bumblebee stripes.
2nd choice:
1970 Charger R/T hemi, 4 speed, console, 4:10 Dana, Plum Crazy, White interior, white bumblebee stripe.

moparjohn

I would order the Charger I have today, with a floor shift instead of column. IF I did an R/T SE I would add a red tail stripe . MPJ
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!

Homerr

V88 Y39 26 END
  M21 M31 N85 P31 R22
C16 C55 G15 G33 J25 L31
A01 A11 A33 A47 B41 B51
R4 R4 C6T T3 427 926xxx
E74 D21 XX29 J9B 355xxx

duh!

gtx6970

Not sure a charger would be tops  on my list.
BUT, I ll play along.

1970 Charger RT/SE
440 console auto, 3.55s. A/C, power windows, 6 way seat . cruise. Not 100% sure on color combo, but B5 or B7 with blue interior would be pretty high on the list
If so a white vinyl top and white  stripe most likely

Puzbie

Quote from: timmycharger on May 08, 2020, 06:37:07 AM
Ill play!

Tough call, but for me it would have to be a 1969 RT/SE, 4spd 440,  B3 Blue with black interior/top...

I'm with you... With a White R/T stripe though.

I'm restoring something close: numbers matching 69 SE 383 B3 Blue with black interior/top. Have had it since '86.

charger500440

1969 Charger R/T - Hemi - 4-spd - R6 Red w/ red interior - stripe delete - dog dish caps (gotta keep the price in-line)...
1969 SE  383 Automatic
1969 500 440 Automatic

XH29N0G

I think I would look at the 69 500's in dark green.  I like those a lot and find them slightly more understated than the wing cars.

I'd need to figure out how to drive it because in 1966-1969 my feet wouldn't have reached the pedals. 

Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Mike DC

QuoteI like those a lot and find them slightly more understated than the wing cars.

"Slightly"?  LOL.

I love the uncompromising engineering of the wing cars.  But IMO Chrysler should have known better in the big picture.  They should have known that NASCAR was gonna ban/restrict those cars as soon as they started winning.  The 426 Hemis were bad enough and a hot motor is not right up in the audience's face.