News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

JAAK's 1969 R/T

Started by jaak, March 07, 2011, 12:20:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ac_knight

Looks great, I would love to know where I could get one of the awesome ECU brackets.  It looks great so far, keep it up.

68coronetGLwannabe

Quote from: ac_knight on March 10, 2011, 07:52:51 AM
Looks great, I would love to know where I could get one of the awesome ECU brackets.  It looks great so far, keep it up.

http://www.rocketresto.com/catalog/electronicignitionbrackets.html
I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

twodko

Jason.............you da man! Seriously nice work and may I please have your shop?
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

CDN72SE

Very nice work you are doing. :2thumbs:
1972 Charger SE

ac_knight

jaak

INSTALLING NEW REAR BUMPER
I got a new AMD rear bumper the other day (Bought from member jsbrown, best deal of all vendors I contacted). Had a few minutes this morning and went ahead and installed it. I had already removed brackets from old bumper and had cleaned/painted them.

Crusty old bumper....

Prepping to install....

New one installed on car  :icon_smile_big: ....

Jason

jaak

Well this morning I decided to take a shot at installing the stripe. I have read Bill440rt's write up several times before attempting, Link>> http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,29293.0.html  (Thanks Bill!)
It took me about 2 1/2-3 hrs installing it by myself and most of that time was spent prepping and measuring. The instructions I got with the decals said to clean the surface with a mixture of 2:1 water and isopropyl alcohol. But right before installing the stripe, I did as Bill mentioned...used a tackcloth to remove any dust/nibs.
Turned out great!

Jason

Charger-Bodie

Did you go with the dry or wet method? Kinda looks like dry. Dry is my perfered way.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

jaak

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on March 12, 2011, 05:03:56 PM
Did you go with the dry or wet method? Kinda looks like dry. Dry is my perfered way.

Wet... I figured being a newbie at it, wetting it down would be a little more forgiving (let me move it around...which I had to), but it was pretty warm in the shop today, after spraying it on/squeeging it, after about 10-15 minutes or so, I was able to pull the mask off.

Jason

FlatbackFanatic

Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

69 Bama R/T

jb666

That looks GREAT!!

Now, either you smoke, or you have ghosts in your shop...  :o

Domino

I'm friends with an expert decal maker and installer: he does fire engines, boats, signs, etc.
Liquid fabric softner and water mix in a spray bottle, now you know.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Domino on March 12, 2011, 06:24:02 PM

I'm friends with an expert decal maker and installer: he does fire engines, boats, signs, etc.
Liquid fabric softner and water mix in a spray bottle, now you know.

now you know??  whats that suposed to mean?  Some people like to use the wt method and some like dry. either way is fine its all in that persons preferance. Not a matter of right and wrong!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

StoneCold

Very cool. Glad you were able to hang on to the car through having a family, house and other life events. Thanks for sharing!

rrob

Beautiful work! Nice to see another car saved and to a pretty high standard by the look of it, keep up the good work. :cheers:
69 charger, 440, automatic

LeeBoy

Quote from: jb666 on March 12, 2011, 06:02:52 PM
That looks GREAT!!

at first I thought that was smoke in the top right corner of the photo but I think it is plastic in that shopping cart
My 68 Charger build http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,41318.0.html
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2005 HEMI Ram( totaled with only 27,000 miles on it!), 1977 Power Wagon (Sold), 1977 Plymouth Trailduster, 1974 360 Cuda, 1973 Satellite Sebring Plus, 1973 D200 Adventurer Sport, 1968 Charger (sold), 1965 Dart (sold)

Domino

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on March 12, 2011, 06:27:15 PM
now you know??  whats that suposed to mean?  Some people like to use the wt method and some like dry. either way is fine its all in that persons preferance. Not a matter of right and wrong!

now you know his method...just sharing the tip I got from a person who does it for a living. 
You're reading too much into my comment.  I only quoted you to add info to the wet method you had mentioned.
I wouldn't have thought to use fabric softener, but it really works.  Figured I'd pass it on.
Have you ever heard of that before or tried it?

jaak

Quote from: jb666 on March 12, 2011, 06:02:52 PM
That looks GREAT!!

I don't smoke (copenhagen dipper)......don't really want a ghost around, but hey if he will help me install the vinyl top, he's welcome to hang around  :smilielol:

Jason

jaak

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on March 12, 2011, 06:27:15 PM
  Some people like to use the wt method and some like dry. either way is fine its all in that persons preferance. Not a matter of right and wrong!

Just curious...Brian maybe you or someone else will know, In the instructions I got with the stripe, it states if using reflective material, you have to use the dry method, do not use any type of liquid. Wonder how come??

Jason

69bronzeT5

Wow!!!! Looks awesome buddy! I didn't know you were so far along with it :cheers:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1971 Charger R/T: B5 Blue 440 Automatic
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1970 GTO: 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: 340 Automatic

Patronus

Should get SFRT's stripe thread in here too, as he includes measurements. Are you guys measuring down the contour of the deck lid or just pulling a tight 4"? They just look crooked.  :Twocents:
Although not as bad as some I've seen, let alone the dreaded pointed-forward-install...
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

jaak

Quote from: Patronus on March 13, 2011, 11:46:38 AM
Should get SFRT's stripe thread in here too, as he includes measurements. Are you guys measuring down the contour of the deck lid or just pulling a tight 4"? They just look crooked.  :Twocents:
Although not as bad as some I've seen, let alone the dreaded pointed-forward-install...

I based everything off the marker hole, I wanted the marker hole to be dead center in the stripe, pretty much after that things fell into place. You had me second guessing myself, so I went back and found the thread with measurements from an original R/t stripe (link>>>>> http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,65236.0.html ) Went back and remeasured and all my measurement were either dead on his or within 1/8", so this tread would be a good resource when measuring and installing.

Jason

Patronus

Its just the vertical up the quarter that looks it. Real nice job on the install, hope mine looks like that!
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

jaak

Quote from: Patronus on March 13, 2011, 01:41:07 PM
Its just the vertical up the quarter that looks it. Real nice job on the install, hope mine looks like that!

BTW...what color stripe are you putting on??

Jason