News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Aero Cars at the Brickyard 400, July 29-31 2011 - Registration Form Posted

Started by Aero426, June 06, 2011, 02:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

I'm especially interested in the '71 KK Daytona Klone.. any info Appreciated..  :2thumbs:

Mopar John

Has anyone seen this guy? He's normally posting on here all the time and left early in the race? :lol:

Mopar John

Here are some pictures from Indy! The first 3 are of the Croxfords B5 blue Superbird. Talk about an extreme makeover! I think Doug has used up 10 years worth of time in the last 2! Getting that 5.7 Hemi in Marty, hosting a national meet and getting the B5 Superbird restored! I like the fact that they left some individuality in the car with the black painted fender scoops! The last picture is of 2 old friends back together again!

Mopar John

This next batch of pictures is from Friday night! Sherri Evans was on the computor and found this old time rootbeer stand called MUG n BUN. Shortly after Scott Faulkner and I left Kyle Petty showed up@#$%^&*(! :brickwall:

Mopar John

The first picture in this batch is of my friend Brian Haugel f8f8f8daytona I mean f6f6f6daytona leading the late Friday morning caravan under the Indy walkway. The next 3 pictures are of the cars lined up on display on Saturday!

Mopar John

The first 3 pictures are more of the cars on display Saturday. The last one is of us out on the track apron getting ready for our track lap!

Mopar John

Next up is the historic Aero Cars on the track this morning!

rainbow4jd

stories!   stories!   stories!

So, how did it go!  When did you get on the track?  How many got to go?   What did Kyle Petty think?

Dish the Dirt!

Mopar John

The event went well for the amount of cars there and all the other activities going on. On Saturday we all got to drive on the track after Sprint Cup Qualifying. Someone who was at MUG n BUN while Kyle was there will have to fill you in on that. Here are some more picture of the historic cars of which I think there was around 15 that made laps this morning not to long before the race started!

Mopar John

Speaking of morning, this is what the back of the inside front row suites look like just after 5am! I woke up at 4:15am this morning and got ready, had breakfast and then checked out of the hotel. I got the Superbird out of the trailer and headed for the track. When I got about 4 blocks away the line came to a stop and people were shutting off their cars and getting out!@#$%^&*(! I waited a short time and decided to go around the parked cars and a tor red Superbird followed me. When we got up by the track the line of cars ended and we drove right in! WOW! I then opened the drivers door half way and got a pillow and went back to sleep until 7am and when I woke up there were Superbirds on both sides of mine!
That's it for tonight I'm toast!
Mopar John

pettybird

we're home safely here...no issues whatsoever for the 'bird which was THRASHED together after sleeping for 19 months!  We're really pleased with how the car came out and appreciate all the kind things said about it!

Marty decided to spit out a bad brake caliper, but I'm sure someone has some pics of that getting changed...under the hotel awning...at night  :lol:

RECHRGD

We're getting ready to leave the hotel now.  A great big thanks to Doug!!!  This event turned into something much larger than expected and he rose to the task.  Good job Doug and a pleasure to meet you and many others.  I may even want a winged car now.  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

dreamcatcher

I wish everyone a safe and fun trip home.I am glad you all had a good time.I was a little more than disappointed in the fact that everyone took the time and spent the money to travel all the way there and the media didn't so much as mention it on any of the TV shows that I watched.I couldn't be there and watched every race show I could wanting to see the cars.I wonder if they have a clue of what they had there in front of them.I am kind of glad I couldn't make it.  :RantExplode: OK done with that...it seems everyone enjoyed it and that is good enough for me.If I would have made it I think I would have enjoyed that old drive in the most any way and Kyle coming by would have just been the best.
1970 Superbird Tribute 440 auto
1968 Charger 426 6 pack auto
1971 Chevelle SS Tribute 350 4 speed
1970 Mustang 351 C 4 speed
1969 GTO 400 Ram air III 4 speed
1972 Charger (soon 5.7 hemi auto)
1973 Charger 440 auto (U code)
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!

70Sbird

All, Indy was awesome! even with no wing car there. My personal thanks again to the Croxford family and Mopar John for adopting me for a couple of days and driving me around in their wing cars, Our cruise director Sherri, who finds all of these great places to go, and everyone else it takes to put on an event like this.
I also wanted to send out a special thanks to Doug Schellinger. Organizing and putting on a meet like this is no small task and I'm sure many people spent long hours to make it the great success that it was in only six weeks of prep time, but I always saw Doug fully engaged in running the even from first light (and sometimes before) each day , and closing down the host room by the lobby each night after many had already gone to their room for the night. This man is a DSAC club event running machine, and probably got about 6 hours of sleep the entire weekend!
So, Thanks Doug for another great event, and as always am looking forward to the next one!
Scott

Scott Faulkner

Mopurr

I will try to figure out how to post some picts. later, I fell asleep last night trying to download them and catch up on the internet.

I think I might have had 5 hrs of sleep each night at the most.

I have a really great picture of Kyle and Rutledge at the M&B.

They were both super nice and kind enough to put up with all of us wanting pictures and autographs....which they did until their order was completed and then they returned to their car to eat and we all left them alone at that point.

What a memorable moment seeing them like that,  there was also a guy from PRN radio there Friday night that we had a really nice visit with.

The whole weekend was super great the staff at the track was so very nice and polite, it was a wonderful experience.  A lap for all cars on Sunday would have been a great bonus, but we were never promised that and we did have the Sat. lap and those that were still in the stands were whooping it up and loved it and the crowds leaving the track loved the cars as they left the track right after that lap.....cameras clicking and lots of comments.

Also Sunday morning local news was out there for an interview and I also met a guy that was doing video for Austrian/German coverage.....Ausvos or something like that.

We had more coverage than we normally do at Talladega.

nitrometal

Quote from: Brock Samson on July 31, 2011, 08:03:12 PM
I'm especially interested in the '71 KK Daytona Klone.. any info Appreciated..  :2thumbs:

I tried to PM you but your PM inbox is full!!!

Hey Brock,

Where did you get that video with the blonde that can't see her food because of her chest?  That's funny as hell!

Phil
I love the smell of nitro in the morning.

http://pettysuperbird.com

70Sbird

Hey Brock,

Where did you get that video with the blonde that can't see her food because of her chest?  That's funny as hell!

Phil
[/quote]

Phil, go to you You tube and search, it's english (UK)  so she cant see her "chips''
It's even better with sound

Scott Faulkner

Brock Samson

wow I've posted that clip a half dozen times for folks and still keep getting asked..
I'll have to go look for it.. again...
:chatting: :chatting: :chatting: :chatting:
I still want to see the #71 KK Daytona clone pichers...  :shruggy:

Aero426

Saturday night some folks ran into the guy on the left at an old time drive in a couple minutes from the track. He said that his dad owns a blue Superbird. (Yeah, yeah I know. We hear that story a lot.)

Aero426

This guy also looked realllll familiar. He said something about "liking them all", but that he really liked Talladegas. You know, for a fan, he was kinda overdressed for a NASCAR race. He also had one heckuva fancy golf cart too.

Aero426

At the track, you see lots of fans dressed up with their favorite team wear. These guys said they heard there were some Mercurys on display and high tailed it over. They said their Uncle Leonard used to be a mechanic and really likes those cars too. They brought him over the next day.    For some reason, there were an awful lot of people that wanted their picture taken with Uncle Leonard.    Leonard also brought a buddy named Dale with him.   I didn't catch the last name, but I heard that Dale used to be a really good Plymouth mechanic.

jonw29

Thats great Doug. Kyle seems like a good guy.Not real sure if I believe what you said about Helton being a Ford guy,considering the CONSTANT concessions that are made to chevrolet.The Woods' onthe other hand are first class all the way,Super people.

Aero426

Kyle actually approached one of the car owners at the drive in and asked if it was her car.    Actually, everyone was very gracious.  Steve Hmiel came over and looked over the 7 car for 15 minutes with me.  Steve worked as a fabricator for Petty Enterprises when he was just getting started in racing.   It was neat that these people came over from the garage area to see the cars.   And it wasn't like they were next door either.

RECHRGD

Great pictures guys!  We made it into Peoria for tonight and on to Omaha tomorrow.  Lost another trailer tire 15 miles out of Indy, with all the others starting to separate.  Replaced all of them, including the spare.  I guess tires cannot take sitting out in the northwest temp. extremes for several years and then go on a 4,000+ mile trip at highway speeds.  When opening the trunk of the Charger to get my lug wrench, I discovered I had left my big tool box under the bathroom sink in the hotel.  I hate getting old!!  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32