News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Modern Bullitt build

Started by keepat, April 30, 2014, 04:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keepat

Quote from: Back N Black on August 28, 2015, 08:59:06 PM
This is one of the best builds I have ever seen. :2thumbs:

Quote from: Dino on August 28, 2015, 09:05:20 PM
I think this may be THE best build I've ever seen!   :o

Quote from: MxRacer855 on August 29, 2015, 09:44:09 AM
:iagree:

I'm speechless Pat!

:2thumbs:  :drool5:  :cheers:

Jeff

Thanks guys! This has been a fun car to build so far and I think I'm past most of the big hurdles.  A lot of people don't like to see these cars modified from stock and I'm trying to keep everything you see from outside and the interior as original looking as it was in 1968. Unless you look under the car or open the hood, other than the larger wheels and lower stance, this car will look just like an all original 68 Charger.
Thank You!
Pat

DC_1

Derwud

Quote from: keepat on August 27, 2015, 08:03:54 PM
With the help of a few of the members from the DC forum I cut in the outboard dash AC vents use some great measurements and pictures from (DC_1) and a big shout out  :cheers: to (oldcarnut) for sending part of an AC dash for an original template, THANK YOU! If anyone can use the vent template PM me your address and I'll mail it out NC.
Thanks
Pat   

Can I borrow that template??
1970 Dodge Charger R/T.. Owned since 1981

keepat

Derwud, PM me your address and I'll mail you the templates
Pat

keepat

Today I replaced the right side radiator core support so I can use the larger radiator. The new part fit nice and I spot-welded it in place. I hope to test fit the new radiator next week.
Thanks
Pat

Derwud

I am going to have to learn to weld.. I need this mod..

WHITE AND RED 69

Looking good   :2thumbs:  What radiator are you going to be using?
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

keepat

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on August 31, 2015, 04:57:48 PM
Looking good   :2thumbs:  What radiator are you going to be using?

Today I just ordered an aluminum Griffin radiator that is for a 1970 Dodge charger with a small block, it has the top hose on the driver side and the bottom hose on the passenger side as I need for this late model Hemi. I also ordered the two electric fan fan set up. I like the fact that the Griffin radiator has an top tank that looks similar to the original radiator.
Thanks
Pat

keepat

All the AC lines are finished and the drier & condenser have been test fit. So far I'm very happy with the Vintage Air Mopar B Body system. I'm getting closer to putting the car on the rotisserie.
Thanks
Pat

MxRacer855

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

keepat

I had one bad spot in the right side cowl vent that needed a small repair, but fortunately it was accessible. The right side cowl vent is not used with new Vintage Air system; there is a plate that will cover it. Now I can water test it with a rust converter and spray it down with sealer. If anyone has a proven method for access, cleaning, and coating the inside of the cowl please let me know.
Thanks
Pat

oldcarnut

With the help of a few of the members from the DC forum I cut in the outboard dash AC vents use some great measurements and pictures from (DC_1) and a big shout out  :cheers: to (oldcarnut) for sending part of an AC dash for an original template, THANK YOU! If anyone can use the vent template PM me your address and I'll mail it out NC.
Thanks
Pat   
Just saw this and looks great  :2thumbs:  Your welcome on the vent and glad it worked out  :cheers:

keepat

Quote from: oldcarnut on September 07, 2015, 03:40:03 PM
Thanks
Pat   
Just saw this and looks great  :2thumbs:  Your welcome on the vent and glad it worked out  :cheers:

I have already returned your favor to another member here on DC and shipped out the templates last week.
This is another one of the awesome things about this forum and it's great members!
Thanks again!
Pat

Derwud

Thanks both of you...

Does the Vintage air system hook right up to the factory outer vents??

oldcarnut

Quote from: Derwud on September 07, 2015, 10:16:54 PM
Thanks both of you...

I used Classic Auto Air with their direct fit kits.  Don't know about Vintage sorry.

remta1

Quote from: keepat on September 06, 2015, 02:21:21 PM
I had one bad spot in the right side cowl vent that needed a small repair, but fortunately it was accessible. The right side cowl vent is not used with new Vintage Air system; there is a plate that will cover it. Now I can water test it with a rust converter and spray it down with sealer. If anyone has a proven method for access, cleaning, and coating the inside of the cowl please let me know.
Thanks
Pat

I wore strong gloves and used steel wool and sandpaper to put my hand in as far as possible to clean.the hard to reach areas I used cut down wire brushes .then I cut off the handle of a paint brush so you only have the bristles and the metal bristle holder and soaked it in rust proofer and when dry ,sealed with paint . I used spray rust proofer and top coat paint in a can and used a garden hose with the end blocked off .the end blocked off had multiple holes drilled in it and connected to a spray and compressor , it gets into all the we nooks an crannnies and covers and protected everything ......make sure to block off exit holes on the vehicle such as vents etc as it will go everywhere otherwise.

keepat

I fitted and welded in the left side US Car Tool inner fender brace.  It needed a little massaging but fit really nice. Right side is next!
Thanks
Pat

keepat

Quote from: Derwud on September 07, 2015, 10:16:54 PM
Thanks both of you...

Yes. Order the kit for a AC car and it comes with hose adapters that fit on the original vents.
Thanks
Pat   

keepat

I received my Griffin radiator yesterday so with the motor still in the car I test fitted it. I'm going to weld a 90 degree pipe on the thermostat housing so it will have a short top hose.
Thanks
Pat

VegasCharger

Your organizational skills are off the hook :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Even when test fitting a new rad the fact that you took the shipping box to use for a cover panel and having the "Griffin" logo centered in the rad support.

This tells me that you probably save a ton of time when it comes to looking for things around the shop or even when doing research of past tear downs, removals etc.

Keep up the great work  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

keepat

Quote from: VegasCharger on September 10, 2015, 01:33:45 PM
Your organizational skills are off the hook :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Even when test fitting a new rad the fact that you took the shipping box to use for a cover panel and having the "Griffin" logo centered in the rad support.

This tells me that you probably save a ton of time when it comes to looking for things around the shop or even when doing research of past tear downs, removals etc.

Keep up the great work  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I'm sure there is a medical term for my problem with the clever acronym, but until I'm diagnosed by my doctor I'll just assume that I'm anal ;-)
Thanks
Pat

keepat

Could use a little help finding some information, I recall somebody making a diagram of the firewall on a second GEN charger describing what each hole on the firewall did. I've done a few searches but been unable to locate it if anybody has the picture that I'm referring to please posted thank you.
Pat

VegasCharger

Quote from: keepat on September 10, 2015, 06:43:03 PM
I'm sure there is a medical term for my problem with the clever acronym, but until I'm diagnosed by my doctor I'll just assume that I'm anal ;-)
Thanks
Pat

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

DC_1

Quote from: keepat on September 13, 2015, 12:24:27 PM
Could use a little help finding some information, I recall somebody making a diagram of the firewall on a second GEN charger describing what each hole on the firewall did. I've done a few searches but been unable to locate it if anybody has the picture that I'm referring to please posted thank you.
Pat

Does this help. Its not a Charger but is a B Body.