News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Reproduction 69 grills-In stock at classic industries

Started by WHITE AND RED 69, October 25, 2014, 01:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB400

Classic Industries answered my question correctly, but it's nice to know that the 68 headlight bezels are available. :cheers:

Mopar Nut

Use code MDN15 and receive up to 20% OFF* online orders over $199.99! Offer ends on Sunday, March 8th, 2015 at midnight PST.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

kpkube

Quote from: CLASSIC on March 05, 2015, 01:28:59 PM
Quote from: Supercharged Riot on March 05, 2015, 01:14:54 AM
hey Ray. I put an order
Any word on the progress of the 1968 repro grills?

Hi Supercharged Riot,

Thank you for the inquiry. Here is an estimated ETA on some of the 68-69 Charger Grille Components that are being produced.

1968 Charger Grilles are currently in production with an estimated ETA of 4-6 weeks for delivery (Early to Mid April, 2015)
MB143502 - 1968 Charger Grille with Brackets - Silver - http://www.classicindustries.com/product/mopar/parts/mb143502.html
MB143504 - 1968 Charger Grille with Brackets - Black - http://www.classicindustries.com/product/mopar/parts/mb143504.html

1969 Charger Grilles are in stock, or in transit with an estimated ETA of mid March, 2015
MB143506 - 1969 Charger Grille with Brackets - Silver - http://www.classicindustries.com/product/mopar/parts/mb143506.html - In Transit - In Stock Next Week
MB143508 - 1969 Charger Grille with Brackets - Black - http://www.classicindustries.com/product/mopar/parts/mb143508.html - In Stock Now

1968-69 Charger Headlight Door Brackets - In Stock Now
MB143509 - 1968-69 Charger Headlight Door Bracket Set (32 piece set) - http://www.classicindustries.com/product/mopar/parts/mb143509.html

Please PM me here if you have any further questions.

Ray

Are the holes there for the Charger and R/T emblems?

CLASSIC

Quote from: kpkube on March 07, 2015, 04:17:49 PM

Are the holes there for the Charger and R/T emblems?

Yes. The LH headlamp doors has all of the correct mounting points for the emblems.
Ray Yager
Merchandising Director

Classic Industries
18460 Gothard Street
Huntington Beach, CA 92648

Toll Free: 800-854-1280

PlainfieldCharger

Will the Classic Ind grill sections bolt up to the OEM if you split up a Classic Ind grill and sell the parts to other forum members? :shruggy:

CLASSIC

Quote from: PlainfieldCharger on March 10, 2015, 07:42:12 AM
Will the Classic Ind grill sections bolt up to the OEM if you split up a Classic Ind grill and sell the parts to other forum members? :shruggy:

Hi PlainfieldCharger,

Yes. The grille assembly is an exact duplicate of the original, so we believe all pieces should interchange without an issue. Perhaps one of the guys who recently bought one of these would be kind enough to confirm this against their original?
Ray Yager
Merchandising Director

Classic Industries
18460 Gothard Street

70-500-SE-EXPORT

I have seen a few 69 grills with the bezels. I believe they were installed on early production 69"s. Oddly all 69's have the screw mounting holes pre-drilled so they are easy to install. 69 brochures also show them.   
68 Charger original SS1 paint with matching # 383hp

Skull-1

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,6231.0.html

1969 Dodge Charger "Ol' Yeller"
1991 Buick Regal Custom
1992 Buick Regal Custom
1995 Buick Regal Gran Sport
1996 Buick Regal SE (R.I.P.)

Cncguy

Supercharged Riot

Quote from: Skull-1 on August 18, 2015, 10:17:05 AM
Out of stock.   Boo!

I highly recommend just placing an order even though classic industries has em on back order.
Your order will get priority depending on the order it wad received.

I was so happy wih my black grill, i placed another one (with silver painted) on order back in april or may. Forgot all about it and next thing i knew i had another grill delivered to me doorstep in august.

Wih experience ordering two grilles already from them, id say its about roughly 4 months waiting time upon placing an order from a back ordered product

CLASSIC

Quote from: Supercharged Riot on August 19, 2015, 10:08:04 AM
Quote from: Skull-1 on August 18, 2015, 10:17:05 AM
Out of stock.   Boo!

I highly recommend just placing an order even though classic industries has em on back order.
Your order will get priority depending on the order it wad received.

I was so happy wih my black grill, i placed another one (with silver painted) on order back in april or may. Forgot all about it and next thing i knew i had another grill delivered to me doorstep in august.

Wih experience ordering two grilles already from them, id say its about roughly 4 months waiting time upon placing an order from a back ordered product

Thank you all for the comments. We sincerely apologize for the delays associated with these new products. We are very excited about these new products, and we are very pleased with the response we have received since the products made their debut. The demand and feedback we have received from the enthusiasts has been phenomenal. We thank all of you for your feedback, enthusiasm, and patience.

There is a lot of hard work, planning, and substantial investment that goes into bringing a new product line like this into the market. When we receive positive response and feedback like we have on this product, it is very fulfilling work. But as a product merchandiser, one never knows how a new product will be received by enthusiasts. We can only use our best judgement, and our prior experience with similar products, and do our best to make the right predictions. With this product, there were many different variables to consider. Would people prefer black, or argent? Would they want to order with reproduction brackets, or would they prefer to use their own original brackets? Which year will be more popular? Rather than try to pre-determine what people might want, we chose to offer the grilles many different ways, and let the enthusiasts decide. The result was 9 different skus, plus 3 additional skus for the headlamp bezels. Because this was a new item for us, we did not have any sales history to go by. So, we then had to try to guess which skus would be most popular, and begin production based on our best judgement of what would be most popular.

Keep in mind, that while we were tooling up, Charger enthusiasts discovered the products online (prior to the products actually being launched or introduced in our printed catalogs). Early on, during product development and tooling, but before production started, we listed the products as "coming soon" online to get the word out that they were in development. Word then spread about the products throughout various forums, and people began pre-ordering before the tooling was even completed. So, at this time, we are still in the mode of catching up with demand. The product is a very labor intensive product to produce, and it takes a good deal of time to produce these. But rest assured, the products are in production right here in the USA, and they are being delivered on a regular basis. But there is a backlog of customers waiting for products, and the products are often already sold before the next order is delivered to our dock.

We agree with Supercharged that placing an order is the best course of action if you want to ensure that you are in line to acquire a grille. When you place an order, you will secure it with a credit card, but will NOT be charged until the product ships. If the product comes in within 90 days of your purchase, it will ship automatically. If the product does not come in within 90 days of your order, you will be contacted when the product is available to ship. If you approve the order, we will then charge your card, and ship your product. Placing an order basically puts you on a waiting list in which product is shipped in the order that each backorder was received.

We hope this provides some insight into the inner workings of developing and launching a new product. It is true that currently demand is outpacing the production capabilities of the manufacturer. However, we do have a large quantity of product on order with the supplier, and we are receiving product regularly, and filling backorders regularly as the inventory becomes available. We have product on order consistently, and our goal is to eventually catch up with demand and have inventory on hand, and ready to ship within 24-48 hours. We are doing our best to get ahead of the curve, manufacturing these as quickly as we can, but we just aren't caught up yet. If anyone has further questions, feel free to PM me here, and I will do my best to provide answers.
Ray Yager
Merchandising Director

Classic Industries
18460 Gothard Street

TexasStroker

I've been held up by an insanely busy season at work (and dash pad issues), but I have the grill sitting on a bench in the shop and I smile every time I see it, lol. 

I wish the all black had been available when I initially ordered, mainly because that is how mine is now and I like it...With this one being painted to an original look, I will have a hard time reverting.  If money allows I might buy a black grill and keep this new one as a spare, or possibly wall art.

They are nice pieces and a VERY welcome addition imo!
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

myk

What's the rush?  Is there a new restoration reality show that has to finish a 2nd Gen before the hour's up, or something?
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: myk on August 21, 2015, 02:19:29 AM
What's the rush?  Is there a new restoration reality show that has to finish a 2nd Gen before the hour's up, or something?

lmao..... :icon_smile_big:

I wonder if I can sell my stock one for same price as a reproduction  :icon_smile_big:

cavemanno1

Quote from: TexasStroker on August 21, 2015, 01:03:13 AM
I've been held up by an insanely busy season at work (and dash pad issues), but I have the grill sitting on a bench in the shop and I smile every time I see it, lol. 

I wish the all black had been available when I initially ordered, mainly because that is how mine is now and I like it...With this one being painted to an original look, I will have a hard time reverting.  If money allows I might buy a black grill and keep this new one as a spare, or possibly wall art.

They are nice pieces and a VERY welcome addition imo!

Has anyone have a picture of the black one?Would like to see how it looks?

CLASSIC

Quote from: cavemanno1 on August 25, 2015, 04:05:22 AM
Has anyone have a picture of the black one?Would like to see how it looks?

Hello cavemanno1

We have table shots we can share. Hope this helps.

Black Grille with Brackets - MB143508
View 1 - http://www.autopartsdb.net/assets/images/ProductImg/m/mb143508.jpg
View 2 - http://www.autopartsdb.net/assets/images/ProductImg/m/mb143508_V2.jpg
View 3 - http://www.autopartsdb.net/assets/images/ProductImg/m/mb143508_V3.jpg

Ray Yager
Merchandising Director

Classic Industries
18460 Gothard Street

bbody68

Hi Classic,not trying to high jack this thread but as I am considering purchasing one of these grille assembly's can you please explain how your company's discount structure works now in regard to promotional discount offers? I recently went to place a order during a up to 30% off promotion and only recieved a discount of 15%. I queried this and was told that the discounts are now on a "tiered system"? A email I sent requesting further information on how the new system works went unanswered.

TexasStroker

Man Ray,

That black grill looks sweet!  I might wind up going for it and keeping the first one as a spare.
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

CLASSIC

Quote from: bbody68 on August 25, 2015, 04:13:42 PM
Hi Classic,not trying to high jack this thread but as I am considering purchasing one of these grille assembly's can you please explain how your company's discount structure works now in regard to promotional discount offers? I recently went to place a order during a up to 30% off promotion and only recieved a discount of 15%. I queried this and was told that the discounts are now on a "tiered system"? A email I sent requesting further information on how the new system works went unanswered.

I'd be happy to explain. Please PM me here with your questions, and I will promptly respond.
Ray Yager
Merchandising Director

Classic Industries
18460 Gothard Street

myk

That blacked out grille is to die for.  If I wasn't saving up for Baer brakes I'd be all over that setup...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Cncguy

Not sure about you guys but I'd like the answer to this also. I'm not sure why he wants PMd. Why the secrecy?

cavemanno1

Thanks Classic!

That black grill is so sweet!!! :drool5:
Are they in stock or on back order?I don't have a chager yet but i would even love to just watch it as a wall art in my house!

Thanks,

Peter

CLASSIC

Quote from: Cncguy on August 26, 2015, 01:04:25 PM

Not sure about you guys but I'd like the answer to this also. I'm not sure why he wants PMd. Why the secrecy?

Hi Cncguy,

Thanks for the comment. This is not our thread. And, as bbody68 showed concern that the original poster started the thread about our Charger grille, and he did not want to highjack the thread, I thought a PM might be more appropriate. Simply doing our part to stay on topic about the grille and not stray into another topic on someone else's thread. But, by all means, if you or anyone else wants to discuss any non-grille related topic with me, you can feel free to PM me here any time. I'm happy to field your questions or help anyone any way I can.
Ray Yager
Merchandising Director

Classic Industries
18460 Gothard Street

Lennard

Very thoughtful of you Ray but it's not a big deal since it's all grille related. You can post it here without getting shit for it.