News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

rat muscle "daisy" build

Started by cbrestorations, January 25, 2016, 03:43:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keepat

Awesome job on the suspension components!!
Pat

cbrestorations

Thanks keepat, it takes longer staring at it and figuring out how I want it done then it does to make the stuff lol. Got the shock locations and upper trailing arm mounts done today.  Hopefully my other 2 axle clamps show up tomorrow so I can finish the mock up

Lennard

cbrestorations

What my brake system looks like under the hood.

cbrestorations

Total cost to make this was $1000

Lennard

garner7555

Quote from: cbrestorations on July 03, 2016, 01:22:02 AM

Does that include the QA1 coilovers?
Could you post links to where you buy the joints and pieces that you didn't make?   Very interested in fabing up something like this if I do another build.   :2thumbs:   :coolgleamA:
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

cbrestorations

Had to patch where the side exhaust is going to exit the quarter on both sides, it was just rotted too bad. Can't wait to actually see the exhaust on it. I ordered spintech 3" side exhaust mufflers and nice slant cut dual stainless tips. It will be x piped too, makes it sound more aggressive and adds rpm to the exhaust note.

cbrestorations

Quote from: garner7555 on July 03, 2016, 09:07:05 PM
Quote from: cbrestorations on July 03, 2016, 01:22:02 AM

Does that include the QA1 coilovers?
Could you post links to where you buy the joints and pieces that you didn't make?   Very interested in fabing up something like this if I do another build.   :2thumbs:   :coolgleamA:

Yes that was coil overs included. I ordered stuff from tmr and pirate4x4. Then the axle clamps and heims from lefthanderracing.

keepat

The side exhaust will look awesome! Most mopar with a 4 link just stop the exhaust forward of the rear as there's no room for the exhaust pipe. The side exhaust will be a lot of work but worth it for the cool factor!
Pat

funknut

I love how this is coming along!  Suspension looks fantastic and the exhaust is going to be an awesome touch. Everything about this build screams fun.

:2thumbs:

cbrestorations

Quote from: keepat on July 10, 2016, 04:22:04 PM
The side exhaust will look awesome! Most mopar with a 4 link just stop the exhaust forward of the rear as there's no room for the exhaust pipe. The side exhaust will be a lot of work but worth it for the cool factor!
Pat

Yeah it would be a lot more simple to just dump the exhaust, but how many quarter panel exhaust exit chargers are out there...lol. I want to also make A small 2" rear spoiler and a chin spoiler to also add more racer look to it. I'm sooo...gonna wear a mullet and fake mustache driving this car around town blarring the radio to scorpions lol can't wait

VegasCharger

Quote from: cbrestorations on July 10, 2016, 06:05:48 PM
Yeah it would be a lot more simple to just dump the exhaust, but how many quarter panel exhaust exit chargers are out there...lol. I want to also make A small 2" rear spoiler and a chin spoiler to also add more racer look to it. I'm sooo...gonna wear a mullet and fake mustache driving this car around town blarring the radio to scorpions lol can't wait

:musik010: :punkrocka:

funknut

XS29L9B2

dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

VegasCharger

Make sure you seal up those pipes or this may happen.......................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQKDQCYsEZM

This is a classic, worth watching. But my reference starts at the 1:51 mark.  :smilielol:

keepat

ht4spd307

Patronus

Were you the Spintech customer who got the two left mufflers?
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

cbrestorations

Heated seats...lol I'm hoping it won't be too bad, they will be ceramic coated and a heat shield made. Spintech lefts...not me, I'm still waiting for my mufflers, we're supposed to be here days ago

Lennard