News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

GO CHIEFS !! Other team talks welcomed.

Started by ACUDANUT, December 03, 2007, 05:04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACUDANUT

Quote from: RallyeMike on January 23, 2014, 08:41:45 PM
QuoteIt's about time the REAL story comes out.......

http://q13fox.com/2014/01/22/hell-of...#axzz2rFsC0vgN

:smilielol:

How does something he said earlier (and privately to one player) change the story that he was pretty much an ass on national TV after the game was over?
Maybe he said his prayers in the morning too. So what? He still made an ass of himself on national TV. Story over.

Go Seawawks!

I hope Ponch don't don't see this.
GO DENVER

bull

I've seen nothing about Sherman that changed or changes my mind about his post-game interview, however, I will admit to being too hash in my assessment of him. He's obviously a very passionate and high-strung type A personality, he had pretty much just made a play that put his team into the Super Bowl and they immediately put a guy like that in front of a camera before he had a chance to 'come down' from an adrenaline high. It was the perfect storm.

That said, I still believe smack talk should be limited to the field of play and IMO has no place on camera. I for one have no desire to see the NFL lowered to XFL standards. As for Crabtree pushing him off you cannot expect someone who's just as amped up on the failure side to be.congratulatory to the guy who just owned him 15 seconds prior. Anyway, let's just say emotions were running high all around, mistakes and poor judgement were committed and I too am guilty of some knee-jerk reactionism toward Sherman.

Will I be rooting for the Seahawks? Hell no! I loathe them like no other NFL team, but then I have attended 3-4 games in Seattle when they played the Raiders as an AFC West team. Seattle fans are a-holes like any other city's fans are when someone wearing the wrong colors shows up. To this day my two favorite teams are the Raiders and whoever is playing the Stinkhawks.

8WHEELER

Really  :shruggy: Hawk fans are A-holes WOW, BS, every Raider fan I know and have talked to is an A-hole, using your terminology.

I also was at Hawk and Raider games back in the day, and wanted to bust some teeth out, and still do  :popcrn:

GO HAWKS   :cheers:

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

The70RT

Yeah the day Jamal Charles ran all over the Raiders they threw beer on him every time he made a TD. I bet they sold more beer that day than they ever have  :smilielol: I heard of a Chiefs fan that travels all over to the games and he actually has to wear a a Halloween costume on the way out of the condemsemen so he doesn't get mugged  :eek2: He doesn't park at the stadium anymore either because his car got vandalized every time he did. POUR sports!
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

bull

Quote from: 8WHEELER on January 24, 2014, 05:34:02 AM
Really  :shruggy: Hawk fans are A-holes WOW, BS, every Raider fan I know and have talked to is an A-hole, using your terminology.

I also was at Hawk and Raider games back in the day, and wanted to bust some teeth out, and still do  :popcrn:

GO HAWKS   :cheers:

Dan

Every Raiders fan you've talked to is an a-hole? I've talked to you several times and you've never considered me an a-hole, have you? :shruggy: Maybe you have, I don't know, but as far as I know I've been nothing but nice and respectful to you.

Like I said, if you show up in any town supporting the opposing team you will get maligned. I'm not saying every fan in Seattle is an a-hole but there is nothing special about the way opposing fans or players are treated in Seattle. Next season you should fly to SF or St. Louis or some other NFC rival team for a Seahawks game wearing all your Seahawks garb cheering for them and see how it goes. If your only perspective is Seattle games IN Seattle you don't know what it's like. I'm sure all those cities believe their fans are the best and nicest in the league too.

bull

Quote from: The70RT on January 24, 2014, 11:44:19 AM
Yeah the day Jamal Charles ran all over the Raiders they threw beer on him every time he made a TD. I bet they sold more beer that day than they ever have  :smilielol: I heard of a Chiefs fan that travels all over to the games and he actually has to wear a a Halloween costume on the way out of the condemsemen so he doesn't get mugged  :eek2: He doesn't park at the stadium anymore either because his car got vandalized every time he did. POUR sports!

Apparently you missed the news about Navorro Bowman getting crap tossed at him as he was being carted off with a blown knee in Seattle last Sunday. Don't kid yourself. Sure, Oakland fans are a-holes but they are not exclusive to the phenomenon of harrassing the opposition.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/2014/01/20/seattle-seahawks-fans-appear-to-throw-food-at-injured-49ers-star-navorro-bowman/

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2014/01/20/seahawks-fans-throw-food-at-injured-49ers-star-navorro-bowman/

The70RT

I'm sure there are fans in every NFL city like that, so no I didn't really miss much  ;)

bull

Quote from: The70RT on January 24, 2014, 01:50:36 PM
I'm sure there are fans in every NFL city like that, so no I didn't really miss much  ;)

My point exactly. :2thumbs:

8WHEELER

Quote from: bull on January 24, 2014, 01:24:54 PM
Quote from: 8WHEELER on January 24, 2014, 05:34:02 AM
Really  :shruggy: Hawk fans are A-holes WOW, BS, every Raider fan I know and have talked to is an A-hole, using your terminology.

I also was at Hawk and Raider games back in the day, and wanted to bust some teeth out, and still do  :popcrn:

GO HAWKS   :cheers:

Dan

Every Raiders fan you've talked to is an a-hole? I've talked to you several times and you've never considered me an a-hole, have you? :shruggy: Maybe you have, I don't know, but as far as I know I've been nothing but nice and respectful to you.

Like I said, if you show up in any town supporting the opposing team you will get maligned. I'm not saying every fan in Seattle is an a-hole but there is nothing special about the way opposing fans or players are treated in Seattle. Next season you should fly to SF or St. Louis or some other NFC rival team for a Seahawks game wearing all your Seahawks garb cheering for them and see how it goes. If your only perspective is Seattle games IN Seattle you don't know what it's like. I'm sure all those cities believe their fans are the best and nicest in the league too.

Bull, I am tired of people making a blanket statement like you did, ''Seattle fans are a-holes''. When you word it that way, you are including not just me, but evan my wife.
Do you really feel that is a proper way of categorizing an entire fan base? yes there are some, but your statement was including everybody, That is what hit a nerve, and set
me off.

Dan

ACUDANUT

bull

Quote from: 8WHEELER on January 24, 2014, 03:32:02 PM

Bull, I am tired of people making a blanket statement like you did, ''Seattle fans are a-holes''. When you word it that way, you are including not just me, but evan my wife.
Do you really feel that is a proper way of categorizing an entire fan base? yes there are some, but your statement was including everybody, That is what hit a nerve, and set
me off.

Dan

I guess we're even then because you generalized Raiders fans (including friends and family members) right afer I generalized Seahawks fans. :cheers: I'm sure you understand I am not calling you and your wife a-holes, unless you were the ones throwing food. What I saidi was "Seattle fans are a-holes like any other city's fans are when someone wearing the wrong colors shows up." To me that means none of them like it and many will go so far as to mouth off, throw things or even get into fights with opposing fans. It's no different there than anywhere else.

It didn't help my atitude any when I would walk around Seattle on vacation in the past and see Raiders Haters t-shirts and other junk slamming my team all over the city. Believe me, there are plenty of Seahawks fans up there that know how to cross the line. I'm not asking for sympathy, I'm just telling you why I feel the way I do. There are many Seahawks fans down here bragging like they've won 8 Super Bowls already and putting every other playoff team down now that Seattle is finally successful after 30+ years of despair. One of my friends had the gall to post a mocking pic of Kaepernick the last time SF won the SB and I said he should post one of what he looked likr the last time Seattle won it. You'd think a little decorum would be appropriate considering the team's history. But... whatever.

nvrbdn

well, i agree that all cities have fans like talked about. i do have to say that i had never been to kansas city for a football game and the home town team was playing in KC.  i got tickets to the game, and drove all the way to the stadium there. several hour trip. arrived at the stadium and wearing my favorite teams attire, walked right into the stadium past all the local fans that were tailgateing all through the parking lot. everyone was seeming to be in a great mood. we made our way into the stadium and the excitement was high. my home town team took the field, then the chiefs came out. the stadium rocked. i was sitting in the section that at the home stadium would be called the club level. there was the lower level, then i was front row in the next level. all the people around treated us nice. we cheered and screamed right along with the locals. after the game we walked back to our truck. got in and started our trip home. yes, our favorite team won that game and it was awesome. i even stayed in my chiefs jersey all the way home. what a trip. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

nvrbdn

:wave: i will be watching, and rooting for the seachickens. i feel the donkeys will probably win, but i want a good, close game that comes down to the last drive of the game.

i thought about the division loyalty and all of that, but i do not root for the donkeys, and will not go soft now.  go seachickens. :nana:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

bull

ACUDANUT

Quote from: Ponch ® on January 20, 2014, 11:22:12 AM
Quote from: 67440chrg on January 20, 2014, 07:47:19 AM
Yes Sherman made a a** of himself. Go broncos.

You guys are too uptight. I like the guy's passion and intensity for the game. Better than the standard "We played a good game, we got to keep doing what we're doing, taking it one game at a time and want it more than the other guy" lines we hear in every post-game interview. I don't know, maybe it's my inner WWF fan coming up.(yes, I said "F"...it will always be the WWF to me).

Plus, its not like he doesn't back it up on the field.

Okay Ponch, maybe you should pay his fine.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000317613/article/richard-sherman-fined-7875-for-onfield-celebration

472 R/T SE

Every Raiders fan you've talked to is an a-hole? I've talked to you several times and you've never considered me an a-hole, have you? :shruggy:

Dan, you're amongst friends now.  It's OK, you can tell him now if you want.   :D

The70RT

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on January 25, 2014, 11:28:49 AM

Every Raiders fan you've talked to is an a-hole? I've talked to you several times and you've never considered me an a-hole, have you? :shruggy:

Dan, you're amongst friends now.  It's OK, you can tell him now if you want.   :D

:smilielol:

8WHEELER

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on January 25, 2014, 11:28:49 AM

UM boy, you know how to put a guy on the spot   :shruggy:   :cheers:   :lol:

RallyeMike

QuoteWill I be rooting for the Seahawks? Hell no! I loathe them like no other NFL team, but then I have attended 3-4 games in Seattle when they played the Raiders as an AFC West team. Seattle fans are a-holes like any other city's fans are when someone wearing the wrong colors shows up. To this day my two favorite teams are the Raiders and whoever is playing the Stinkhawks.

You got it right, I just wonder why you reserve more hatred for Seattle because you nailed the essence of all typical football fans. Talk to any bar owner in the stadium districts in any City of the USA. They love soccer, baseball, basketball, and EVEN hockey fans. They loath football fans as drunks, rowdy, rude, and terrible customers who don't tip, cause trouble, and break stuff.

Of course I'm not painting every football fan as an ass. This isnt even my opinion. I just talk to a lot of bartenders.  :angel:
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

bull

My thing with the Seahawks is somewhat complicated. 1. I already had a favorite team prior to 1976 and of course Seattle had to be put in the same division as my team. 2. It is erroniously assumed by the local media here that Seattle is Portland's surrogate NFL home team so instead of reporting NFL news they report Seahawks news. 3. Since 2005 the people who normally don't give a rip about football suddenly decided to jump on the bandwagon and start bragging about them, even if they have no idea what the term "3rd and 5" means. 4. Personal negative experience with fans at the games. I'm sure that would be no different if I went to Denver or SD or KC but I have never been to any games there. I've only seen NFL games in Seattle.

Interesting observation by the bartender though. I don't know much about hockey fans, or bartender opinions, but football being an aggressive sport with a long history of festering rivalries in this country might have something to do with it. Hockey and soccer are not that big in the US but in other parts of the world rival soccer fans have been known to riot, kill each other and destroy stadiums. I'll have to ask some of my Canadian relatives about hockey fans.

Budnicks

Quote from: bull on January 24, 2014, 05:52:05 PM
Quote from: 8WHEELER on January 24, 2014, 03:32:02 PM

me off.

Dan

I guess we're even then because you generalized Raiders fans (including friends and family members) right afer I generalized Seahawks fans. :cheers: I'm sure you understand I am not calling you and your wife a-holes, unless you were the ones throwing food. What I saidi was "Seattle fans are a-holes like any other city's fans are when someone wearing the wrong colors shows up." To me that means none of them like it and many will go so far as to mouth off, throw things or even get into fights with opposing fans. It's no different there than anywhere else.

It didn't help my atitude any when I would walk around Seattle on vacation in the past and see Raiders Haters t-shirts and other junk slamming my team all over the city. Believe me, there are plenty of Seahawks fans up there that know how to cross the line. I'm not asking for sympathy, I'm just telling you why I feel the way I do. There are many Seahawks fans down here bragging like they've won 8 Super Bowls already and putting every other playoff team down now that Seattle is finally successful after 30+ years of despair. One of my friends had the gall to post a mocking pic of Kaepernick the last time SF won the SB and I said he should post one of what he looked likr the last time Seattle won it. You'd think a little decorum would be appropriate considering the team's history. But... whatever.
Well said Bull, as loyal Raider fan pretty much born & raised, I supported our Bay Area teams, we get a bad rap always, many people generalize us into a group of thugs, we don't have anymore thugs than any other group of fans... Because most all teams do the same stuff & almost all fans in stadiums all over the league, have bad characters in their midst, just like the Raiders do, we just get all the bad publicity, bad rap/reputation... try going to Meadowlands, Gillett, SF, Seattle, San Diego, Denver, Philly or yes Arrowhead too, when they play a rival team, pretty ronchy, pretty damn disrespectful too... It's not exclusive to the Raiders fans... I've been to like 20 stadiums in the NFL & everyone I was at, was like that.... It's just Hater mentality & really poor sportsmanship  :Twocents:
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

ACUDANUT

Budnicks

Quote from: ACUDANUT on January 29, 2014, 02:38:07 PM
Anyone voting for the Bronco's ?
I'm torn both are ol' AFC West foes, I like the Seahawks defense, if they play like they have been Manning is going to have a tough game... but Manning's air game is stellar this year, if he does not "choke & throw a bunch of interceptions", he will be a winner... {doesn't have the best record in big games}... I think it will be who ever has less # of turn overs & the better run game, especially in cold weather, they will be the winner... from what the Broncos looked like last couple of games, I will go with the Broncos, with total reservation... {I hate all the Manning's, almost as much as Phillip rivers, did anyone see the Pro-Bowl he was the interception champion...LOL...}
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

The70RT

Quote from: Budnicks on January 29, 2014, 02:48:14 PM
Quote from: ACUDANUT on January 29, 2014, 02:38:07 PM
Anyone voting for the Bronco's ?
I'm torn both are ol' AFC West foes, I like the Seahawks defense, if they play like they have been Manning is going to have a tough game... but Manning's air game is stellar this year, if he does not "choke & throw a bunch of interceptions", he will be a winner... {doesn't have the best record in big games}... I think it will be who ever has less # of turn overs & the better run game, especially in cold weather, they will be the winner... from what the Broncos looked like last couple of games, I will go with the Broncos, with total reservation... {I hate all the Manning's, almost as much as Phillip rivers, did anyone see the Pro-Bowl he was the interception champion...LOL...}

I'm with you, I don't like either of them. The Bronco's are probably gonna win.