News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Graveyard Carz

Started by GYC Undertaker, December 10, 2012, 01:43:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lexxman

Quote from: RJS on April 03, 2013, 03:25:13 PM
I feel the Fast and Loud is by far the most entertaining with no fighting or one upping.
Car's burnouts and building.

Yes fast and loud is better.I watched the first few shows of graveyard carz on youtube, I have a hard time listening to mark wine like a baby.

TUFCAT

I just finished the last half on Tuesday's episode tonight.

The Mopar community would probably give this episode an A+ grade....especially considering all the previous poor grades he's turned out over the past season 1 and 2.

Overall. my grade is much lower considering Mark is still showing the world his poor build assembly, inattention to details, poor working habits, lack of research, and lack of shop control to deliver a finished product without repairing damage.

I still give mark a passing grade of:  C+  :icon_smile_dissapprove:  

ACUDANUT

Quote from: lexxman on April 03, 2013, 03:46:28 PM
I feel the Fast and Loud is by far the most entertaining with no fighting or one upping.

Yes fast and loud is better.I watched the first few shows of graveyard carz on youtube, I have a hard time listening to mark wine like a baby.

YOU MEAN BUZZARD BEAK.

thedodgeboys

2 years on a build for a pro shop? I would be mad also...

and the A12 walk through was cool but uninformative he should have talked about the history of the A12 package did he even mention the lift off hood?

Soooo Close...

lexxman

Quote from: ACUDANUT on April 03, 2013, 07:59:52 PM
Quote from: lexxman on April 03, 2013, 03:46:28 PM

YOU MEAN BUZZARD BEAK.

:lol:

8WHEELER

Well, I have to say, all in all I think last nights show was the best show so far, just my   :Twocents:

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

StoneCold

So when does season 3 start?  January again?

moparstuart

Quote from: StoneCold on April 04, 2013, 07:32:06 PM
So when does season 3 start?  January again?

:drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:  cant wait  , maybe with the show off all you haters will shut up for awhile  :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: moparstuart on April 04, 2013, 09:38:20 PM
Quote from: StoneCold on April 04, 2013, 07:32:06 PM
So when does season 3 start?  January again?

:drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:  cant wait  , maybe with the show off all you haters will shut up for awhile  :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana:
but then the reruns will be on.  :stirthepot:    :nana:   :nana: 

Charger-Bodie

I re-watch Overhaulin all the time. I doubt I will be doing that with As the world turns.....oops I mean Graveyard Carzzzzzzzz
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

69 OUR/TEA

When  tues nights show was over,I yelled Fast and Loud,wheres the remote ?LOL !!!!!!  :2thumbs:

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on April 05, 2013, 08:28:35 AM
When  tues nights show was over,I yelled Fast and Loud,wheres the remote ?LOL !!!!!!  :2thumbs:

Yep, I love that show! They build cool different stuff each week. They have REAL fun doing it and their new welder hire rules.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

69 OUR/TEA

Richard seems to be a real straight shooter,all around genuine guy.He has quite the funny one liners and comeback remarks.Although not a Mopar directed show,and most of what they build is far from my taste,I have to say I enjoy that show every bit if not more than GYC's.

Homerr

I just watched the latest show.  Imagine that - personal attacks and insults were down ... so they had more time to show car related stuff! 

This show was the best of season 2, but they really did set the bar pretty low for themselves.  I still don't know why Darren is on the show other than as a foil for Mark.  I'd still much rather see competent work being done than cringing every time he's on camera with the 'game', excuses, mulling about, and generally not getting anything done.  There Stu, I think I got my hater quota filled.

moparstuart

Quote from: Homerr on April 05, 2013, 09:33:33 AM
I just watched the latest show.  Imagine that - personal attacks and insults were down ... so they had more time to show car related stuff!  

This show was the best of season 2, but they really did set the bar pretty low for themselves.  I still don't know why Darren is on the show other than as a foil for Mark.  I'd still much rather see competent work being done than cringing every time he's on camera with the 'game', excuses, mulling about, and generally not getting anything done.  There Stu, I think I got my hater quota filled.
:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

i liked the last episode but i still think when they went to the E Body guys garage and played Hot wheels was the best show this season   :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana:

Nwcharger

I hope season starts soon. Now that I'm out of a job I may just contact mark and see if he's looking for another shop tech. I'm only 2 hours away, and now that the inlaws will be here in June I think it's time to move  :scratchchin: :scratchchin: :yesnod: :yesnod:
1969 coronet wagon

Homerr

Yeah, that was a better one too Stu.

Does anyone else think it's weird that they pretty much stated that they just show up on weekends to work on the cars for the show?  So they get paid chicken scratch for camera time and have their day job somewhere other than Welbys?  I don't doubt for a second that all these car shows have other off-camera workers that move the actual progress on the car along, but it's odd that these guys don't even work there (other than Mark, of course).

I do see that Mark is pulling this all out of thin air to make a show on a budget, create an alter ego to Welbys, and run Welbys as a regular collision shop.  Hopefully all sponsorship/advertising/propaganda crap is making life easier and speeding things up for the show.  Ok, the optimist in me will hold out for a Season 3 makeover where some of the kinks have been worked out.

69 OUR/TEA

Well,it's apparent that someone else other than Mark,Derren,or Royal fixed the Cuda door(primed,blocked,painted,sanded/buffed).They never did say how the door got chipped.Kinda hard to get a chip right there and not hit the fender.If I had to geuss,being the chip was right on the edge of the body line,looks like the door was to close and chipped on the fender.
Back to what you were getting at,looks like there is behind the scenes people doing the bodywork and paint,then handing it off to the GYC's crew.So I say,why are they not included in the show ?????

projectanimal

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on April 05, 2013, 12:08:31 PM
Back to what you were getting at,looks like there is behind the scenes people doing the bodywork and paint,then handing it off to the GYC's crew.So I say,why are they not included in the show ?????

:scratchchin: $$$$$$$$$$$$     

Doesn't Daren own Welby's with Mark?

Look forward to the next season to see if they continue on like the last episode!!  :2thumbs:
northwest CT

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: projectanimal on April 05, 2013, 12:44:45 PM
Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on April 05, 2013, 12:08:31 PM

:scratchchin: $$$$$$$$$$$$     

Doesn't Daren own Welby's with Mark?

Look forward to the next season to see if they continue on like the last episode!!  :2thumbs:

I think your right. I think Daren and mark are partners...........

TUFCAT

I'm starting to wonder if Welby's (or Mark) ever restored a Mopar...seriously.

Mark, If you're on board show pictures of the previous Mopars that you, or Welby's have restored for customers in the past. :popcrn:,

moparstuart

Quote from: TUFCAT on April 05, 2013, 02:05:46 PM

Mark, If you're on board show pictures of the previous Mopars that you, or Welby's have restored for customers in the past. :popcrn:,
get on face book there are several cars he has done in the past

hatersaurusrex

Quote from: TUFCAT on April 05, 2013, 02:05:46 PM

If he doesn't do Mopars then he sure does have a ton of donor cars out back that he's never used :)
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

TUFCAT

Quote from: moparstuart on April 05, 2013, 02:22:36 PM

get on face book there are several cars he has done in the past

I WILL.  :2thumbs: