News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cluster Restoration.

Started by lilwendal, December 28, 2007, 08:29:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K9COP

Quote from: heinz13 on August 03, 2013, 09:13:01 AM
For us guys upgrading the charging system, I found a guy in Tn. that can change your ammeter into a voltmeter for $79. This eliminates the fire hazzard and you still have the original gauge. John @ redline gauge & clock 731-571-0766....

Here we go:

Contact Information:

phone:        731-571-0766

email:        redlinec@bellsouth.net

shipping:     Redline

John & Tammy Dvorski

469 Windy City Rd.

Humboldt, TN  38343 

http://www.redlineg.com/redlineg/Welcome.html

No endorsement, just passing on info.

CS
I'd rather push a Charger than drive a Mustang.. which is lucky..

My cars:
'69/70 Charger 440
'03 Range Rover
'05 Audi A8R
'93 Lotus Omega (SOLD)
'97 Jag U Are XK8 (For Sale)
'68 Charger 318 (for sale)
'74ish Charger 400Magnum (sold)
'89 Nissan Skyline GTR (sold)
'92 Jeep Cherokee 9" lift (sold)
95 Crown Victoria Police K9 unit work car! (in the great impound lot in the sky..)

MxRacer855

Forgive me for sounding ignorant (in the event the prices are listed and what you're willing to do as far as work)... but how much would it cost me to get my cluster/gauges rebuilt/restored/re-calibrated/etc. on my '68?

I know the clock is running slow, a few parts are missing, and everything is just worn in general.

Thanks

-Jeff

K9COP

Hey Jeff, you may have answered your own question to an extent, but a lot depends on what exactly you want done. The OP of this thread appears to have left the forum, but have a search around and you'll find some answers.

The guy I mentioned above might be a good place to start, if he can't help I'm sure he'll have some contacts.  ;)

K9
I'd rather push a Charger than drive a Mustang.. which is lucky..

My cars:
'69/70 Charger 440
'03 Range Rover
'05 Audi A8R
'93 Lotus Omega (SOLD)
'97 Jag U Are XK8 (For Sale)
'68 Charger 318 (for sale)
'74ish Charger 400Magnum (sold)
'89 Nissan Skyline GTR (sold)
'92 Jeep Cherokee 9" lift (sold)
95 Crown Victoria Police K9 unit work car! (in the great impound lot in the sky..)

hoshang

I HAVE A 76 CHARGER DAYTONA AND CANNOT FIND ANY INFO ON THE SPEEDOMETER CLUSTER NOR ANY PICS.COULD YOU HELP.ALSO ANY LINKS ON WHERE ONE CAN GET TAIL LIGHTS FOR THIS MODEL ALL SEARCHES BRING UP THE CORDOBA STYLE LIGHTS.BY THE WAY THE JOB YOU ARE DOING IS FANTASTIC,I WISH I COULD DO THAT.THANKS HOSHANG

Ghoste

A factory shop manual is almost a must have for any of these older cars.  What problems are you having with the cluster?

bull

John & Tammy Dvorski? That couple may be doomed with a name like Dvorski. I think that's what they call it in Russia when a married couple dissolves their marriage.

XH29N0G

Don't know where to post this.  I pulled my cluster and then put it back in.  Some gauges were not working so I needed to test them.  To verify they worked, I used the setup in the picture below (a 5 v telephone charger, some resistors and alligator clips from radioshack - and followed the information at the start of this thread).  I found I could hoop up the alligator clips with the cluster installed for checking.  I could check continuity as well.  As it turned out, one of the gauges (fuel) was not making contact but was working.  A little wiggling of the nut fixed it.

Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Johnnys440Charger

Quote from: XH29N0G on December 07, 2013, 04:12:45 PM
(a 5 v telephone charger, some resistors and alligator clips from radioshack). 

Great idea.  Never thought about that.    :2thumbs:

MxRacer855

No matter how many times I see these rebuilt clusters, I still get a huge smile on my face! :2thumbs:

Ghoste

That phone charger idea is clever.

472 R/T SE

JB400

Your phone works on DC current.  A much better idea than lugging a car battery around

Ghoste

I was meaning that it was clever to come up with the idea.  I would have likely done it the hard way by getting a 12v source (although not by lugging a caar battery around) and then either running it through a factory limiter or a pot to bring it down. 

472 R/T SE

OK.  Basically just a power source?

I bought a little power supply box for when or if I ever do something with my dozen or so clusters'.  I didn't know if the 5V phone cord had some certain qualities about it that made it special?

My little power supply.

Ghoste

Thats more like I would have set up right there Mike.  :yesnod:

Dino

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on December 10, 2013, 03:01:29 PM
OK.  Basically just a power source?

I bought a little power supply box for when or if I ever do something with my dozen or so clusters'.  I didn't know if the 5V phone cord had some certain qualities about it that made it special?

My little power supply.

Ohh Purdy, where'd you find that?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

charlie45

I've tried to contact this guy Lilwendal with no avail, but I guess he's been mia for a while...

I'd like to have my cluster restored. Any ideas? Alternatives? Is the only other option to buy the parts from a place like BEA Parts?

thx

Skull-1

Quote from: heinz13 on August 03, 2013, 09:13:01 AM
For us guys upgrading the charging system, I found a guy in Tn. that can change your ammeter into a voltmeter for $79. This eliminates the fire hazzard and you still have the original gauge. John @ redline gauge & clock 731-571-0766....

Is this done with the whole cluster or just send the gauge?

I am about to send mine off but need to figure out what to do first....
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,6231.0.html

1969 Dodge Charger "Ol' Yeller"
1991 Buick Regal Custom
1992 Buick Regal Custom
1995 Buick Regal Gran Sport
1996 Buick Regal SE (R.I.P.)

green69rt

Quote from: charlie45 on December 23, 2013, 03:35:50 PM
I've tried to contact this guy Lilwendal with no avail, but I guess he's been mia for a while...

I'd like to have my cluster restored. Any ideas? Alternatives? Is the only other option to buy the parts from a place like BEA Parts?

thx

Here's someone, no experience.  Not cheap.
http://www.autoinstruments.com/mopar.htm

Skull-1

How about www.tachman.com ?    Good screenshots.   Thinking about giving him a try. 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,6231.0.html

1969 Dodge Charger "Ol' Yeller"
1991 Buick Regal Custom
1992 Buick Regal Custom
1995 Buick Regal Gran Sport
1996 Buick Regal SE (R.I.P.)

timmycharger

I had mine done by autoinstruments.com, I thought they did a fantastic job, and no, it wasn't cheap, but there was no way I was tackling that myself..

Ghoste

It sure looks fantastic in the photo!

timmycharger

Yup, lets just hope it works as good as it looks!! turnaround time was about 3 months or so.  My wife was teasing me about how excited i was after I saw the seconds hand on the clock move for the first time in 15 years  :'(   That was when I tested the dash after putting it in the car.  she just doesnt understand  :icon_smile_big:

69wannabe

Redline Gaugeworks in california rebuit my tic toc tach and did a great job!!! They have a website and I think the guy I talked to was named Shannon. The fix on my tach was a pretty quick turn around and it works great too!!!

MxRacer855

Quote from: timmycharger on January 23, 2014, 09:29:52 PM
I had mine done by autoinstruments.com, I thought they did a fantastic job, and no, it wasn't cheap, but there was no way I was tackling that myself..

Beautiful cluster Timmy!  :drool5: WoW!!!! :2thumbs: :cheers:

Jeff