News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

rat muscle "daisy" build

Started by cbrestorations, January 25, 2016, 03:43:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RallyeMike

Nick: I don't wan't to derail this thread... I can send you something specific, but warning: its not much to look at. Cheap plastic seat and a bunch of tubes. Email or PM me.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

cbrestorations

oh you know...spending twice as much money to go slower with a 6.1 hemi. could be making 600hp and 100lbs lighter for almost half the cost if i kept it LS. see why people run LS in everything!!!  :RantExplode: 

bristol

Awesome craftsmanship!  I'd say go ls only time you would be showing off the engine is at a show and that's no fun. The hood is down on the track.

I get the same opinions when I talk about putting a subie in my vw. Anything that gives you more time in the seat over working in the garage is a no brainer.

cbrestorations

i just ordered big cam from howards, dome pistons with valve reliefs for big cam, big springs, arp rod bolts, sent the heads to get ported, new valve seats and manley valves and just gonna spin the crap out of it see what it will hold...hoping for 600hp

JR

I was completely on board with the LS engine.

Great power train for a track car. I have a GMC pickup with the Aluminum block L33 engine. I purposely picked this truck over the others because of that particular engine. If it ever gets totalled, I'm putting that engine in something cool and under 2500lbs.

But atleast the purists can't complain now with Daisy's NASCAR engine.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

cbrestorations

Quote from: JR on February 09, 2017, 04:27:34 PM
I was completely on board with the LS engine.

Great power train for a track car. I have a GMC pickup with the Aluminum block L33 engine. I purposely picked this truck over the others because of that particular engine. If it ever gets totalled, I'm putting that engine in something cool and under 2500lbs.

But atleast the purists can't complain now with Daisy's NASCAR engine.

im not dropping the nascar engine in daisy, thats a later car. i chose the 6.1 hemi for daisy instead. more driveable

JR

Oh OK, I must have missed that.

I can't wait to see this car on a track.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

cbrestorations

hell i cant wait to see the dash gauges move lol

RCCDrew

Is this car intended to keep or sell? I know you have several in line and I think you aren't keeping them. If you are keeping this car run whatever you want. If you will sell it, stay Mopar. IMO.

funknut

Love the video updates, keep 'em coming!

RCCDrew

timmycharger

Looking Bad Ass!  :cheers: :cheers:

Curious, have the folks from "Count's Kustoms" come by your shop yet?

cbrestorations

Quote from: RCCDrew on February 13, 2017, 03:35:04 PM
I think I found CBs next project.  :smilielol:
https://youtu.be/kwPeDsqQ9gY

thats a big fat no lol...not my thing. i know that car and have sat in it. the driver cant see shit. you have to stick ur head out the drivers window to see. i wil give steve credit on nice fab work, atleast he didnt cut up a charger. he found the body already with those flares and t tops done already on a blazer chassis.

alfaitalia

....lol.....and that blower belt needs a lot more tension!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Vegas_Nick

Quote from: cbrestorations on February 13, 2017, 03:47:53 PM

thats a big fat no lol...not my thing. i know that car and have sat in it. the driver cant see shit. you have to stick ur head out the drivers window to see. i wil give steve credit on nice fab work, atleast he didnt cut up a charger. he found the body already with those flares and t tops done already on a blazer chassis.

Every time I see that guy, all I can think is...."why hasn't someone hit him in the head with a shovel yet"?

Lennard

Quote from: Vegas_Nick on February 13, 2017, 06:03:56 PM
Quote from: cbrestorations on February 13, 2017, 03:47:53 PM

Every time I see that guy, all I can think is...."why hasn't someone hit him in the head with a shovel yet"?
:lol:

BDF

"daisy"= :2thumbs: that other thing = Carbage  :eek2:
Opinions only, like what you like!

cbrestorations

my shirts and engine are here...gettin it blown apart and ready for the build up soon. also in the pic you can see a racing seat with shoulders and head braces, im thinking ill use that in daisy, it came out of my race car anyway. just get it upholstered to match the car

cbrestorations

steering wheel showed

screwing around with a junk hood, i kinda like it. may have to do it for real on a good hood

when you spend $470 on a roadrace pan and still gotta cut it up to make fit

Vegas_Nick

I am so envious of the flat dash in that year. The 74 isn't so much fun!

Lennard

Quote from: Vegas_Nick on February 21, 2017, 02:02:47 PM
I am so envious of the flat dash in that year. The 74 isn't so much fun!
He has a second gen. Charger for sale that is around the corner from you.  ;)

Ryan.C

Dude, how do I get one of those shirts!
There are few problems in life that cannot be solved with C-4.

cbrestorations

they cost me $10 a piece, i was gonna try and sell them for $20 shipped. they are nice material. not cheapo stuff