News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona Clones From Around the World - Post Your Pics

Started by Daytona Guy, August 26, 2005, 01:39:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona Guy

What I think is funny is that this 318 clone will most likely go for 30,000.00 and it has no rear window, no 69 side markers, no lower valance, no eyebrow trim around the tail lights, no painted engine bay, no big block. It looks like a nice car but wow. Maybe I should sell my yellow one.   ;)

100,000.00 (reserve not met) Ha ha

Old Moparz

End the auction? Hey Mike, I'll trade you a rust free, '68 Charger shell, an almost finished, '71 Scamp, a slightly rough, '68 Coronet ragtop, & lots of parts to with all of them.   :icon_smile_big:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

hotrod98

My wife's real close to convincing me to start on the superbird clone first since I already have the new six pack motor for it. The problem I'm seeing is the limited number of vendors for bird parts. Nowhere near as many parts available and that hood conversion scares me almost as much as the back glass conversion on the daytona. I won't alter the back glass on the bird so it kind of offsets the work. Decisions, decisions.
If anyone hears of anyone bailing out on a bird clone project, let me know.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Daytona Guy

Some have asked me to post more...

I had this pic taken at about 50 yards with a zoom lens. I think it looks different at that distance. Maybe a photographer can explain that?

BigBlockSam

i was high bidder on mikes car for awhile, now i've been outbid,  Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Old Moparz

Quote from: BigBlockSam on November 01, 2005, 04:17:53 PM
i was high bidder on mikes car for awhile, now i've been outbid,   Rene

Not by me. I can't bid, I'm out of money until I sell something(s).

Quote from: AllBlueRT on November 01, 2005, 05:37:06 PM
Quote from: Old Moparz on November 01, 2005, 02:42:00 PM
End the auction? Hey Mike, I'll trade you a rust free, '68 Charger shell, an almost finished, '71 Scamp, a slightly rough, '68 Coronet ragtop, & lots of parts to with all of them. :icon_smile_big:

Bob, did you see the Pinto request,lol? I think yours tops it. Of course if I accepted, my wife would send me with the car to you, and no return address. I think it would work out just fine, I could follow you around and chase 'coons. ;D

You guys are the best. I think I've contacted all 4 of you now explaining everything, not that I needed to, but your opinions are respected. :)

No room at the inn if all the cars come back here, I need space badly. I just bought a new screwdriver & can't close the garage door.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Brock Samson

that big nosed daytona is in the Chrysler historical museum so i'm thinkin it's gotta be stock...   :icon_smile_big:

here's the same pic from a different Source...
it's that rootbeer color dark bronze,.. Turbine?..

http://community.webshots.com/album/4192700NOrkMUESGR

hotrod98

Here's the pic that I have. If this is the same car, it's bronze and the color on the other pic is off a little.

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

i dig these aero fords. i got outbid on a project talladaga last yr.

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

Charger_Fan

Those would have been cool if they made it to production. :thumbs:

That's got to be where Datsun (Nissan) got their idea on the Z car front end.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Brock Samson

actually no... the z was allready done at the point ford finally got busy.. 

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Stratocharger on November 02, 2005, 07:21:55 PM
actually no... the z was allready done at the point ford finally got busy..  
Hmph! I didn't know that (ok, I didn't care to know that ;) ).

Looks like they had that shape firmly planted by 1967;
http://zhome.com/History/DesignEvolution/DesignEvolutionZ.htm

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

BigBlockSam

this is another aero car that i've been chasing but there not as expensive as a superbird. i just missed one last yr on ebay. it was just a shell but it was an original. didn't go for alot of money either. they came with 428 cobra jet motors. look how simaliar the front is to a 69 charger 500

Brock Samson

the '70 torino/cyclone twins were areodynamic dogs compared to the proven Daytona,.. the earlier versions '68-'69 were well sorted and went faster,.. i thinks some teams actually returned to them after the '70s were uncompetitive... the only 2 '70s snakes made were hella ugly too...
the older 2nd gen charger still surpassed the newer fords stylisticly..  ;)

BigBlockSam

Quotethe older 2nd gen charger still surpassed the newer fords stylisticly..     
:iagree:

472 R/T SE

Quote from: BigBlockSam on November 02, 2005, 09:47:08 PM
Quotethe older 2nd gen charger still surpassed the newer fords stylisticly..     
:iagree:

You have to hand it to Ford tho, driven to succeed at any cost,(looks).  Kind of methodical,  like Chrysler back then.   They both went all out to win, I think that's cool for the day. 

Look at Chubbby, they couldn't handle it, so they weren't even around.
  :stirthepot:

Brock Samson

yeah well at that point GM was gonna release the Luguna and the Grand Am,..  :icon_smile_dead:

I seen some pics of a '69 SS Chevelle on the banking...

maybe i'll google.. it  :o ;D ;)

472 R/T SE

Quote from: Stratocharger on November 03, 2005, 12:12:28 PM

I seen some pics of a '69 SS Chevelle on the banking...

Must have been a tow truck service commercial.  :devil: :icon_smile_big:

My first race runnin' a Mope was up against one of those Fairlanes.  It had the cobra on it, and I can't remember which motor,429 or 428.  I got beat too, never forget that.    His dad was a trooper, so he wanted to run out on the freeway.  There wasn't that much traffic in western Kansas back in '85.  He jumped out in front by a length and stayed there.   
The following weekend we put the single plane intake back on, but he didn't want any part of me then. >:(     
I could beat all my buddies and their Chebby's, including my dad and his '55.  But there was an old Cougar and the car above that were giving the Mopars a run for their money back then.  On top of that it was a small town so EVERYBODY found out I lost. :icon_smile_big:  OH the good ol' days.

I've always liked the looks of those big Fairlanes, I'm gonna have to read up and learn more about them.  Marti Report, Ferd guys have it made.

BigBlockSam

they look good all dressed up in there racing colors too

Ghoste

A lot of very fast Furds in my town (Barrie Poole and Sandy Elliott's hometown for any of you old time Super Stockers).  I've been beat up pretty bad by a couple of them.  On the plus side, I've spanked a few of them too.

PocketThunder

Quote from: BigBlockSam on November 03, 2005, 01:18:50 PM
they look good all dressed up in there racing colors too

Hey, that Bronze C500 is Troys (hemi68charger) car!
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

BigBlockSam

472 R/T SE

I can't remember.  When Troy had the dog dish wheels,  were those rear tires that wide?  For some reason I was thinking cookie cutters/   I don't remember them being that big, wish my wife would say that.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: AllBlueRT on November 04, 2005, 08:01:59 PM
I can't remember.   When Troy had the dog dish wheels,   were those rear tires that wide?   For some reason I was thinking cookie cutters/     I don't remember them being that big, wish my wife would say that.
Looks like they're the same size front & rear to me.

hotrod98

Someone mentioned that back in the 70's some of the air force pilots owned wing cars.
Maybe this was one of them.

Charles Addams